shankun

Table top cutter, what are you using for a roll holder? Looking for ideas.

As the title states, I am looking for ideas on what people are using for roll holders on table top cutters.  Been kicking around the idea of getting a smaller cutter for a few months.  I was scrounging around at work knowing I have rollers from an old shrink wrap machine I was thinking about using (pending the finding of said rollers).  If anyone would like to share their pics for ideas that would be great!  Thanks girls and guys!

to me, money isn't/is an issue.  I don't mind spending money, but I mind spending money on something that could be built.  Plus I love to repurpose things and give them new life instead of heading to the land fill.  I have a bunch of "junk" at work just need the time to keep looking.  

When i get some time i am going to make a holder for the rollers off my MH cutter but for now i just lay it on the table. could also try a tape roller they run about 50.00.

I don't see the one on USCUTTER .. And on Ebay  they have it priced at $559.00 which usually means out of stock....  But maybe just very low on stock, as they include them with several cutter bundles that they sell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28-USCutter-Application-App-Tape-Roller-for-Vinyl-Cutter-RTape-Decals-/310662461728?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4854ecf920

That is pretty much exactly what I have here at work that I can not find!  Little smaller, 21 inches.  I also have very large ones, 60 inch we use for brown craft paper.  They have been sitting for about 6 years now. 

I don't see the one on USCUTTER .. And on Ebay  they have it priced at $559.00 which usually means out of stock....  But maybe just very low on stock, as they include them with several cutter bundles that they sell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28-USCutter-Application-App-Tape-Roller-for-Vinyl-Cutter-RTape-Decals-/310662461728?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4854ecf920

i found this one don't know why it is 500 on the USC site

http://sunie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32

I use something very similar for holding my transfer tape, 500, but it has a little more clearance. I don't see why you couldn't use yours for app tape as well as for holding vinyl. 

med_gallery_88486_209_348565.jpg

You could use this as a home-grown solution for transfer tape, and even for vinyl, although it'd be a bit cumbersome sliding rolls on and off of that bar repeatedly...

• Like 2

Here's the application tape dispenser I use...

TapeDispenser.jpg

The tape feeds down between the rollers, and then you pull it out and across your vinyl. There is a lip on the bottom that you can't see that keeps it on the edge of your bench top, but I have mine clamped down so I can pull harder/faster. It's on sale right now too.   =)  

gallery_88486_209_174287.jpg

gallery_88486_209_349132.jpg

• Like 1

I swore I saw it on USCutter before, but couldn't find it to link to it, so Seiki gets the traffic this time... =) I've never even heard of them until now. 

Yes, this was discussed above,, It is $559 on uscutter Ebay site,  more than likely they are out, Or very low, because they use those in the bundle deals.

MY first cutter was a Seiki,  I still have it ... I buy my Graphtec blades from Seiki 

Seiki is out of Reno/Sparks Nevada area

Ah... and that's why I need to click links before I go postin'... t1833.gif

• Like 1