Sign in to follow this  
KYSIGN

Transfer Mask for 3G Opaque

I'm looking for the best transfer mask for 3G Opaque transfers. I haven't needed it in the past because I normally do larger one piece designs. I tried a smaller design and the edges curled under in just a few seconds. When searching online I never found a definite answer. Hopefully someone here knows for sure. I would prefer to source it from uscutter if possible. Thanks.

I may have some mask laying around that I didn't use very much of.  I thought I wanted to get into pressing shirts but it's just not my cup of tea right now.  Focusing on other things

I was already looking at the Siser TTD mask and with your recommendation I'll add a roll to my next order. I'll update after I run a few tests.

Thank you.

I was trying out some dark transfers from Specialty Materials and also grabbed a sample roll of their DTM-855 Clear Transfer Mask (low tack) and it does NOT have enough tack. I had horrible luck with it. I'm interested to see some feedback on the Siser so be sure and write back on it if you would. Thanks.

I finally had a chance to use the Siser TTD easy mask. In my opinion it's too low tack for intricate designs. I had trouble getting a small 2" x 4" oval off of the carrier. It did keep the design from curling up while aligning it on the shirt and that's what I really needed.

I used the easy mask on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of contour cut pocket logos. 3G opaque with Cobra Pigment Ink.

I cut a piece of the easy mask large enough to cover the sheet of logos.

I removed the backing from the easy mask and applied the easy mask to the sheet of logos.

I squeegeed with firm pressure and carefully peeled the easy mask and logos from the 3G opaque carrier.

I then placed the easy mask and logos back on the easy mask carrier and then cut them into individual pieces leaving as much mask and backing as possible.

When pressing the shirts I removed the backing, aligned the masked design and placed a Teflon sheet over everything and pressed 375F for 30 seconds.

I removed the Teflon sheet and the easy mask. The easy mask come off easy just like the Siser EasyWeed mask.

I then placed the easy mask backing shiny side down over the bare design followed by a Teflon sheet and repressed for 30 seconds.

The logos look great and the easy mask allowed me to properly align the design without curling. I would like a high tack version.

Sorry for the wall of text.

• Like 2

Great feedback! I appreciate it and other will at some point too.