TwisterOK

Newbie from OK

I have a little experience with vinyl cutters many years ago, but I've slept since then.  I've just purchased a US Cutter MH871-MK2. So far it seems like it's doing what it's supposed to.  It appears I've finally got it set up properly and cutting OK.  Now, I received some five ft. rolls free with the machine...I'm having trouble weeding...the smaller letters do not want to release in weeding.  Am I right in assuming that the free vinyl is probably the cheapest grade possible and this might be the problem?  I need a vinyl that will hold up well on motorcycle windshields and helmets.  Any suggestions on what brand and product would work well would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jeff

Hello and Welcome,

Seeing that you are going to make decals for motorcycle helmets I'd use a premium cast vinyl like Oracal 751 or 951.

• Like 1

Yeah the stuff they send is pretty low budget but great for practice and you should be able to dial in and cut at least down to 1/2" lettering with a standard black font. I was doing clear down to about 3/8" with my P-Cut back (a little more robust cutter) back in the day, even with the thicker green star vinyl. Your MH is very low on the totem pole in the cutter world and so it will have some quirks to figure out but plenty have produced satisfactory results. Problems may show up more when trying to do super small stuff and very large work. Tracking is a huge issue particularly with long jobs and the stepper motors are part of the limitation with the smaller stuff. They still produce amazing results for the money. 

Welcome from Idaho. A friend of mine out here is from OK (somewhere around Tulsa maybe, can't remember where he said) After over 20 yrs living in the west he still has a pronounced OK accent we all get a kick out of. 

• Like 1

That is where my mother lives.. That place was growing when i left in 2006.. Was so excited to have Bass Pro Shop right around the corner from my house

LOL...yep.  BA has really grown since we moved here in 2000.  Right before Christmas the new Warren Theater was completed.  It's the largest luxury theater in the world...18 theaters in one.  The main theater's screen is over 60' high.  They have smaller "directors suites" , you can order food and drinks to be delivered to your chair, etc.  Pretty darn impressive!  I don't go to movies, but we did go see "American Sniper" (great movie). 

• Like 1