Sign in to follow this  
newc048

Copam CP-3500 Blade Not Raising From Vinyl When Moving To Next Location

I picked up a US Cutter Copam CP-3500 off local craigslist cheap and having some issues getting everything all dialed in.

Last issue i've run into is it seems the blade is not raising away from the vinyl when moving to the next cut location, therefore leaving drag marks in the vinyl and sometime cutting the vinyl moving to the next location.

I've done a test where I removed the blade holder from the carriage completely and it seems the carriage is not raising up and down when moving from cut locations.

Does anyone have any ideas? Not sure if the solenoid (not sure if that's the proper terminology) is faulty or if this is a setting change I have wrong?

Settings are currently:
Speed: 20 cm/s
Force: 30g
Offset: 0.10mm

Also, would anyone be able to explain a little more in depth what each of the settings do? I am new to the cutter/plotter world and still working to build my knowledge.

Thanks!

Did you see this cutter operational when you purchased it? Did you have the owner cut something?

What cutting software are you using?  Do you have the correct drivers installed?   Here is a set up guide to help...

Choose your cutter and follow the instructions

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us

Here is a Newbie Manual.  Download in first post

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/16167-manual-for-new-bie-how-to-start-from-nothing-to-your-first-cut/

I have tried uscutter support and I was just given settings suggestions, none of which seemed to work unfortunately. I just took that video today though, so I will send that to them and see what they say.

Thanks!

Did you see this cutter working good, before you bought it?  Did you have the owner cut something for you?   Does the carriage move up and down freely by hand, when the cutter is off?

Some cutters can be checked with the 9 volt battery test to the solenoid

If the solenoid doesn't movery smoothly by hand when powered off then that could very well be the problem.

If you can physic ally feel the resistance I'm voting carriage. My laser point 2 was defective out of the box.

• Like 1