Sign in to follow this  
pilotman1

Ricoh 3110 printer kit

Thanks, mr300s, I am also looking at a sight called heatpress nation.com looks like the ink is not cheap

No, it is not.  Ricoh/Sawgrass ink is very expensive.  That's why I, and many other cheapskates like myself use Epson printers with Cobra Ink sublimation ink.  You can pick up a 13x19" Epson printer (which is also an 11x17" scanner) *and* a Cobra Ink CISS kit *and* a fill up of Cobra Ink sublimation ink usually for less than the cost of a Ricoh and the first set of ink cartridges.

An Epson 7510 with shipping and handling will cost you $149.00 and a CISS kit with 4 oz. of each color ink will run you $219.95, or about $369.

One set of cartridges for the Ricoh will cost you about $325 and another $325 when you need to replace them.  A 16 oz. refill kit (4 oz. of each color) from Cobra Ink is $79.99, as I recall and has about 4x as much ink as a set of Ricoh cartridges.

An Epson printer requires a lot more fiddling than a Ricoh, so if you want a printer that  you can plug in and forget about until you need it, go with the Ricoh.  If you're willing to take the time to print regular test pages and perform the occasional cleaning cycle, you can save a ton of money with an Epson/Cobra Ink system...  Money you can spend on your new sublimation addiction...

• Like 1

No, it is not.  Ricoh/Sawgrass ink is very expensive.  That's why I, and many other cheapskates like myself use Epson printers with Cobra Ink sublimation ink.  You can pick up a 13x19" Epson printer (which is also an 11x17" scanner) *and* a Cobra Ink CISS kit *and* a fill up of Cobra Ink sublimation ink usually for less than the cost of a Ricoh and the first set of ink cartridges.

An Epson 7510 with shipping and handling will cost you $149.00 and a CISS kit with 4 oz. of each color ink will run you $219.95, or about $369.

One set of cartridges for the Ricoh will cost you about $325 and another $325 when you need to replace them.  A 16 oz. refill kit (4 oz. of each color) from Cobra Ink is $79.99, as I recall and has about 4x as much ink as a set of Ricoh cartridges.

An Epson printer requires a lot more fiddling than a Ricoh, so if you want a printer that  you can plug in and forget about until you need it, go with the Ricoh.  If you're willing to take the time to print regular test pages and perform the occasional cleaning cycle, you can save a ton of money with an Epson/Cobra Ink system...  Money you can spend on your new sublimation addiction...

Thanks OW i will check that out as I am just getting started at looking before purchase, thanks for the advice!!!

And don't forget to give Richard (cobra ink) my name and he will take 10% off of whatever you buy ...

And don't forget to give Richard (cobra ink) my name and he will take 10% off of whatever you buy ...

you rock mr300!!! thanks and I sure will.