kkeeble

Slot to use xacto knife to cut vinyl

It would be nice to have a slot on the MH-871 MK2 machine so when you are all done cutting your vinyl you can just feed the vinyl a few extra inches and cut the sheet with a xacto knife so you don't need to realign the vinyl to make another cut.

Get yourself a "snitty knife"  signwarehouse sells it, the unique part about it is the replaceable blade runs on an angle from the top to bottom so the vinyl cuts clean first time every time, and no I don't own stock in the company. :rolleyes: .

• Like 1

Get yourself a "snitty knife"  signwarehouse sells it, the unique part about it is the replaceable blade runs on an angle from the top to bottom so the vinyl cuts clean first time every time, and no I don't own stock in the company. :rolleyes: .

You should have seen the faces on my fellow sign workers when I called that knife a Snitty knife a while ago. They were like, HOW in the heck did you know what that's called?

Once you know though, it's hard to forget.

Oh and eBay has lots of them - just use "snitty" as your search term (the better quality ones with exchangeable blades are more expensive obviously).

$3.99 USD changeable blade model, free shipping from China http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Snitty-safety-cutter-Vinyl-Car-Wrap-Cutter-Cutting-Tool-Carbon-Fibre-ZIPPY-/201327780076?hash=item2ee01220ec:g:XkgAAOSwPhdVJ3jP

Heres a little trick you can try, Take a wood or metal ruler long enough to fit in the area and mount it level with screws or some good glue, It will leave enough stand off to allow you to slide a knife etc along the edge to cut it,and wont ruin the vinyl. and if your worried about cutting into the machine get a replacement blade strip and lay it on there as well.