HDN

New Store

It has taken us a few months to wind down one business and open another in the same building. We are close to opening. We will be offering tee shirts,Sub products,etched glass and other products along these lines. We are going to open with over 125 different transfers and hope to expand that number to 200 in the near future. 

I am glad the process is at an end as I am looking forward to getting back to reading the forums on a regular basis.

Picture is the shop a few days ago after we set the shirt racks. Space is tight but the store is packed. Work station is almost done and should be a 100% in a day or two

post-38510-0-92806500-1422797046_thumb.j

• Like 3

Looks good...that big mirror is just begging for your logo....

etched or in etched look vinyl!

Etched look vinyl may be the way to go there to show customers

that it doesn't have to be permanent.

Best of luck!

Sue2

• Like 1

Looks Awesome wish you the best of luck...

• Like 1

I toyed with what to do with mirror, I only rent the store front so it would have to be vinyl. I just started playing with the obscure vinyl and do like it. I have the logo cutout for the front door and will post a picture when it has been installed. 

Thanks for the good thoughts

Congratulations.

I have a few questions --  a customer is able to walk around the store freely, it's all open space, right? They can enter your production space as well, yes?

Also, you've already put designs onto a lot of mugs ----  are you sure those will be top-sellers to the majority of your clientele?

Looking good. Keep at it and will eventally get done.

• Like 1

The antique bar back come with the store or is that something you brought in??  If you want to do something different, use the Ora 8510 etched vinyl on it.  I use to own a butilding a year ago that came with a bar back almost like that one except mine had a few more accent pieces on the top. It was made by Brunswick in 1890 and was appraised at $14,000. You sure don't want to mess with it any more than you have to.  Kris

• Like 1

Customer can walk around store at will. Production space is separated by a barrier and a display case. Mugs are always a seller for us. Most of what you see have sold in the past. If I get a call to make one I make three. Same thing with etched wine glasses.

Congratulations.

I have a few questions --  a customer is able to walk around the store freely, it's all open space, right? They can enter your production space as well, yes?

Also, you've already put designs onto a lot of mugs ----  are you sure those will be top-sellers to the majority of your clientele?

The bar was there. The building is an old hotel that catered to the RR. The bar / hotel was a place for crews to eat and grab a room while waigting for the next train. Lots of history. I just started playing with the etched vinyl. Nice product I am looking forward to adding to our catalog . I will research the Brunswick sid. I have sold a handful of there wooden nickels and made a killing 

The antique bar back come with the store or is that something you brought in??  If you want to do something different, use the Ora 8510 etched vinyl on it.  I use to own a butilding a year ago that came with a bar back almost like that one except mine had a few more accent pieces on the top. It was made by Brunswick in 1890 and was appraised at $14,000. You sure don't want to mess with it any more than you have to.  Kris

If your cutter and equipment are visible you may be creating competition. The left wall looks cluttered at the moment with the boxes and dead birds. I see your plastic totes, is that your work area?

Competition ?? I am lost on that one please explain. Left wall is catalog viewing area. there will be a few stools there for people to sit. Tubs are waiting to go back to storage ( doors are not open yet ) The work area has a 12 foot bench shelving for vinyl and a table with three printers and trying to find a place for fourth. Dead bird is an awesome thing people are responding well to it. There is wall art thru out shop for people to get and idea of what they can do. Decals that have been made from end cuts also are on walls. We keep the prices on them at about $4.00 and serves as a draw for people. Orders are coming in and I like that, I am about a week behind . Please keep asking questions I post to my peers for your views. 

David

If your cutter and equipment are visible you may be creating competition. The left wall looks cluttered at the moment with the box's and dead birds. I see your plastic totes, is that your work area?

If people see your equipment and see how easy you make everything look they may decide to get into the business. If you can't hide your equipment I would cover up/remove any brand or model numbers that are visible. If you have a value cutter you could put a big FC8000-130 decal on it so when they search online they see the huge price and decide it's too expensive. >:D

• Like 3

I would suggest some small pegboards or hangers for your decals that are along your wall. If you are using tacks your wall and shelving will be riddled with holes in no time. You can display them without application tape for increased visual appeal and longer shelf life and when they make the purchase you can apply the application tape.

How high is your ceiling? You might add a thin hanging sign above your clothing racks with some catch phrase or pricing. I'm happy for you and hope you flourish.

I have no problem with people getting on line and looking for equipment. As a matter of fact if someone local wanted to start a business I would be more then pleased to sit down and share with them everything I know. I have been in business for myself for about 30 years six years at our current location. We were a gun shop up until about five months ago. We still deal in firearms but they are second to what we have going on now. I have felt for a long time that as a professional it is up to us to train the next generation.

If people see your equipment and see how easy you make everything look they may decide to get into the business. If you can't hide your equipment I would cover up/remove any brand or model numbers that are visible. If you have a value cutter you could put a big FC8000-130 decal on it so when they search online they see the huge price and decide it's too expensive. >:D