Sign in to follow this  
TorbenC

Problems with cutting from Windows 7

I installed a PCI-Parallel card with the correct drivers for my Copam CP-2500

When cutting, the cutter write "Cutting" in the display, and nothing more happens.

Anyone have an idea why?

usually we get that message on here from the software when the cutter isn't getting the communication - I just thought that because you said the cutter isn't doing anything - must be I was wrong

Trying to get my main computer (Windows 7) to cut, instead of using a second one (Windows xp) with build-in Parallel port.

Signcut.

Finally got Sign Blazer installed, but it messes my files up.

Sign Blazer comes with an error though. "can't initialize cutter"

If you are using Signcut call their tech support line. Best tech support of any company I have ever worked with. 

Well it's not a software problem, since I can cut with any programs.

Only different is, that Signcut sends some sort of data through. The other programs don't.

Agreed, we need more feedback on how you managed to do this. I'm in the same boat unfortunately but I'm using SignGo Pro FD 1.20 with dongle. I have managed to make my copam 2500 actually work but it freezes up and never finishes. It's a long story and here is my thread on SignGo's website in case anyone is following this. http://www.signgo.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1452052124

Anyhow, I managed to make it cut by removing an extra IN; (initialize) command from signGo's commands tab for the Copam CP2500 driver but now I can't get it to finish or power down after. I had to learn how to speak HPGL (Hewlett Packard Graphics Language) which is what the cutters speak to move the knife or pen around.

Still working on it but hey, Signcut for me works fine. Signblazer works fine. Sure Cuts A Lot Pro works fine. My two different USB cables both work too...so it's something to do with the commands the software is sending the copam over USB. Oh, fyi, I'm running Windows 7 64bit too.