Sign in to follow this  
en187

Adobe Illustrator CS6 will not cut Rectangles with Titan2

I am using Adobe Illustrator CS6 to print directly to my Titan2, everything works great except it will not cut retangles! If I draw a rectangle filled black or any color without a stroke it will simply not cut with the image.. If I add strokes it will cut both inside and outside of the stroke line. My question is why does it cut every other shape that is simply filled with black but not rectangles. It is a pain in the butt! Is there a setting or something I have to do? Trying to print text with the IMPACT font and does not cut any of the I's...

Maybe you need to expand it? What cutter program are you using?

I usually expand everything including text.

boom - the titan will cut directly from illy and corel - kind of like you can do with cutmaster but you only install the drivers as I recall - no other software

Your cutter is a rebranded SAGA.....I was looking at the Saga site,,   It lists 2 plugins for Corel, Illustrator Autocad etc.. as "cutting" drivers..Seems difference is where Origin ends....(ADVANCE AFTER CUT OR NOT)

Then it also lists one plugin as a printer driver.  32 and 64 bit..     Maybe that is the difference.??

So are you cutting or printing?

http://www.sagacnc.us/content/6-downloads

I am cutting, like I said everything else cuts fine, everything but any rectangle within the image, I convert text to outlines before printing also

Maybe you need to expand it? What cutter program are you using?

I usually expand everything including text.

I cut directly from illustrator