julie77

Font Glyphs in inkscape ?

I just purchased a few fonts because I liked the fancy swirls etc for creating vinyl graphics.  I find out now that these fancy fonts can't be used in a lot of programs.   I have CorelDraw 4 for designing and I can't seem to get them to work :(

I'm also trying in Inkscape now .. but can't get them to work in this either.. anyone know much about glyphs and how to get them to work in a cutting program ?

Thanks.

salamander script font any idea how to acess the glyphs for this font ?  Either inkscape or corel draw?

text>insert character, window will pop up with fonts, scroll down to find your font, click on text icon, highlight  what character you want to replace and chose which letter you want to add (from the font docker on the right side of screen) with and insert. 

You can try converting them. Vinylmaster only likes True Type fonts and some of those it's fussy about.

I've converted many Open Type to work with it and even some of the TTF's that weren't showing up.

I run them thru this online converter and output them again, as TTF.

Worth a (free) shot.

http://www.freefontconverter.com/

This works, but will only bring up some of the glyphs :( Of coarse none of the ones I bought the font for are showing ... is this because of the version of coreldraw maybe ? I'm using CorelDraw 4  ?   Inkscape same  thing . 

I have photoshop and they come up fine in it, but I can't get my image from photoshop to a cuttable vector ..

Might try using the font in Word and placing the glyphs there then copy and past into Corel or Inkscape. Don't know why the glyphs you want wouldn't show up though, are you sure they glyphs in question are in fact contained in the font?