lablover

First Sale! Install Instructions...and Shipping I'm pretty excited

I'm looking for some of the experts here to see if they will share the install instructions they use for their customers.  I just got my first order from Etsy and I'm like on cloud nine.  Small order for one decal super simple but It's my first!  Now I'm sitting here trying to think of what to include with the decal and find my ability to explain things on paper or in type....SUCK..lol

My first official decal will be cut with Oracal 651

Also, a small 5x5 decal, how do you usually ship.  I was thinking a small padded envelope with the decal between 2 pieces of cardboard maybe.

I gotta say Gang....I'm thrilled to death right now and I have to say none of this would of happened without the help I have gotten here!!!!

Did I mention how excited I am....

Wooohoooooooooo

Joe

• Like 2

Congratulations Joe!

And thank you slice, for the link provided.

Cal

Word of advice on shipping in those padded envelopes, write DO NOT BEND on both sides.

Also i try to used the thin cardboard document mailers instead of the flimsey ones. Also its best to put the decals in a ziplock bag, to keep them from getting wet and moisture. I keep a stock pile several sizes of document mailers and ziplock bags on hand.

I buy most of my document mailers at Target, they have 3 different sizes, Walmart has 2 different sizes, different than the Target ones. 

For smaller pieces(9x12 pieces and smaller) I've used these in the past with no customer complaints. No extra padding used. Just toss it in along with printed instructions and a business card. (I've been tempted to just shoot an instructional video or use a common-use video on Youtube and just include the link in an email to the customer. Saves paper, and a video is worth a thousand pictures.  =) 

https://www.upaknship.com/p-152-95x125-rigid-document-mailers-14-pt-thick.aspx

For larger pieces I have been rolling them up and shipping in 2" tubes ranging from 9" long to 24" long. 

http://www.papermart.com/brown-mailing-tube/id=1190#1190

I caught some flack when I talked about rolling/mailing in the past (I had similar questions), but I've shipped a large amount of orders and have not had any complaints on the customer's end about the condition the decals arrived in. I tape the edges that are being rolled so there is no separation of the transfer tape from the backing paper, and roll the decals vinyl side out. I let the decal expand inside the tube so it doesn't shift inside during shipping, and call it good. 

Great info so far..I thank everyone for the help.  I like the target mailer idea, I think I may give that a shot!

Joe,

Good luck! Congrats on the first order! Hope it all goes smooth!

• Like 1

Congrats, I read on a blog someone put a small sample test decal in the package with instructions, of course the trial decal will be your advertisement. First impression is everything. Cheers,  Lloyd

• Like 3