Sign in to follow this  
su-z-q

Not a Newbie - but have not posted in a very long while

Hi Everyone!

Well, it's been years since I was posting here, can't even find any of my posts from 2007! But I suppose it probably goes away after time.

Anyhow, I have two of the 24" Refine cutters. I bought the paid for version of Signblazer Software, or the full version. Because I wanted to use my cutter to add to my business services, I then bought a second 24" Refine cutter (used) as a potential back up. My friend who thought she also wanted to cut vinyl bought her own cutter and got the same cutter I bought. After some time, she decided she didn't use it enough and sold it to me, with her full version of the Signblazer software.

So, after years of using my first cutter, I have never needed to use the second one as a back up. My refine cutter has worked very well over the years, but I've been a bit upset that I have had to use the free version of the software, due to moving to other computers and the inventor of SignBlazer passing away. That was sad.

So, I have (2) Refine Cutters, 24", model MH721, and (3) full version copies of Signblazer software with serial numbers I cannot use. I think the software was about $80.00-$85.00 when new. So, that is a lot of money invested in software that could not be used.

For years, I've dealt with the "nag" screens on the free version of SignBlazer. I just remove, then reload to start the counter over.

Yesterday, I was so happy to find a link to download of SignBlazer with no nag screens!!! That just made my day. I'm not upset anymore over what I spent, just so much wasted time in trying to cut my stuff over the years.

Anyhow, THANK YOU to whomever it was that made the usable SignBlazer software available! You just made my day!

Now, wish me luck as I try to make my first cut with the new downloaded SignBlazer. Not sure if I will find my driver. Hope it goes easy.

Thank you for listening!

• Like 1

Hi again,

Good News - got the extra cutter working with the SignBlazer download, no problem so far. The settings looked a little foreign to me after always connecting with a 9 pin cable in the past, but the drivers supplied with the No-Nag Signblazer were for USB cables, so I just went for it! I stole a cable and a cord off one of my Epson printers and it worked just fine. Neither one of those cords looked like the original cords that came with this cutter, but I could not find them. It's been in storage for years, so I grabbed what I could find.

This is my set-up (sharing if it helps someone)

Windows 7 Pro, Signblazer Elements (Release 7 - September 2012)

USB 2 Cable

Cutter: US Refine MH721, 24"

* Driver: Redsail RS800C, or USCutUC-1350

Port: Blazer Com3 USB Port

9600 Baud Rate

Regarding the Driver: I don't know which one I will end up setting it to, but both of them seemed to work with this machine.

If anyone knows which one is better, or if there is another you would suggest over these two, please share.

There did not seem to be one specifically named MH721, which is the model number of my cutter.

Since I'd read that either of the above would work, I just tried them both as an option. They worked!

So far so good, hope it helps someone else. I don't really know what I am doing, just trial and error until I get it to work.

Finding some ideas here and on the US Cutter site helped give me some ideas.

Have a great Sunday evening!