Sign in to follow this  
newdesignz

titan 2 wont reset to home position and other problems

i have a new 28" titan 2 and like on my sc cutter when i hit reset it would return home to the starting point.

with the titan when i hit reset it just moves a few mm then reset at that point. does this seem right? only way to move it is to turn it off and manually move with my hand or move it with the controls. 

also 

when feeding in material on a large roll does anyones seem to pull the roll off the rollers and make it fall to the floor? like the material is to heavy?

and one last thing does anyones seem to always pull material in on a diagonal like it doents pull in square or straight when cutting.

thanks 

"with the titan when i hit reset it just moves a few mm then reset at that point. does this seem right?"

No.

Here's what you need to do to fix that ---  remove the 2 side panels (end caps) and you'll have access to the top panel.

There is a trigger switch that the carriage will be hitting along the upper pathway, which tells the cutting unit to STOP. That switch has a problem, from what you're describing. Just look at it and see why it's not making proper contact. It's possible to slightly bend the metal strip that comes into contact with the carriage, and that should resolve the issue.