Sign in to follow this  
PBR Allstar

T shirt project from today

Been several years since I played with some cheap HTV, so I decided to get some siser and mess around. The graphic is from a race series I started then added a few graphics for a guy I sponsor engine work for.

How is the durability of the siser easyweed? I applied it at 310 degrees (checked with a thermocouple) for 15 seconds using an old hobby lite press.

post-5409-0-80261700-1417144249_thumb.jp

It's pretty tough, about the only thing I have seen is after a year or two you might start seeing some cracking at higher stress points. If there is going to be a lot of excessive wear and tear or stretchy fabric I often go with Easyweed Stretch because it seems to be even tougher but the original is a super good product. 

My experience with the Easy Weed has proven VERY durable.

320 @ 16 seconds here... with PLENTY of pressure.

• Like 1

My experience with the Easy Weed has proven VERY durable.

320 @ 16 seconds here... with PLENTY of pressure.

I've had the same experience.  

I agree it is very durable and if you want it to last longer, turn the shirts inside out when washed, and hang up to dry.  the repeated exposure to the dryer is what I have seen causes early cracking of the vinyl.  Having said that, I still use the dryer for all my easy weed shirts and still get at least 2 years out of them before excessive cracking.

I use 305 degrees and 20 seconds press time with heavy pressure and never had a problem ; that is as long as I don't forget to mirror before cutting!