PhatStacksMIA

Presentation Question

I mentioned on a previous post about my daughters school interested in purchasing some decals. They have invited me to their next ptsa (parent teacher student association) meeting.

My question is....what should I do? Should I bring some decals ready to go or should I bring my laptop to show what designs I have made? How should i display them?

This might be a big lead for me being they asked if I do shirts as well.

You could produce a short POWERPOINT show, which uses text and graphics to illustrate your business model.

Many professionals who are asked to give presentations use that method.

It doesnt hurt to have some samples with you. Anyone can explain what they want to make all day. Some people just want to see the finished product.

• Like 1

@JonnnScott - I was thinking of having some with me. Possibly might be able to sell some the day of the meeting. Maybe 1 of each design.

I'm part of the PTA at my daughters school she is in 1st grade and I have been thinking about the same thing bringing in some samples..

She has already told her teacher that i can make shirts and she goes to school with shirts i make all the time, So she has been telling the school all about me  :)

I always send my daughter to school with different style shirts that I have made.  She even request me make her certain shirts from time to time.  I has resulted in a few sales but all in all the school has a big screen printer they use for the large orders anyway so I am not trying to get that business.

As far as the decals go (I have done this for a local shop here) .... I got a scrap piece of glass (it actually came out of an old entertainment center) went to the local tint shop and asked for some tint the size of the glass (sometimes they have pretty big pieces of scrap) and tinted the glass myself.  I then applied several different decals and used that as a display piece.  I used the tint to help the decals stand out and most cars here are tinted anyway.  I also left a space large enough for another decal so I could show them how easy (and the correct way) it is to install!

They now have the glass on hand to show customers the different types and how they will look.

• Like 1

I mentioned on a previous post about my daughters school interested in purchasing some decals. They have invited me to their next ptsa (parent teacher student association) meeting.

My question is....what should I do? Should I bring some decals ready to go or should I bring my laptop to show what designs I have made? How should i display them?

This might be a big lead for me being they asked if I do shirts as well.

Bringing your laptop to show the slelction you offer is good

I would not suggest trying to sell a few to the people at the meeting....

BUT a few smaller freebie decals to hand out would be helpful.

The tinted glass show sample is a great idea to show them the full sized decals

and vinyl colors available.

Also a sample t-shirt or two (kid size) would be helpful.

People like to touch & feel the REAL thing.

Sue2

• Like 1

@sue2 - I like your idea of bringing some smaller freebies to the meeting. I dont want to seem desperate trying to sell there. If they like it, they will buy it from me regardless if I have it there or not.

I have til Dec 10th to get my "presentation" right

• Like 1