PhatStacksMIA

wet method installation

I tried yesterday installing a decal using the wet method for the first time...it went horrible. The transfer tape felt as if was going to rip because it was wet, then the actually design, once applied, moved around when I was trying to squeegy it and broke apart.

What are the correct steps for this?

Correction, there are a lot of vids, some are great, some are ridiculous but you will probably notice the difference. You want to use a light spray and get the graphic down fairly quickly before the app tape starts to get loose. After you have it squeegeed in place then I let it sit a little while and get some tack and then spray the top to help get the tape off. 

• Like 3

Correction, there are a lot of vids, some are great, some are ridiculous but you will probably notice the difference. You want to use a light spray and get the graphic down fairly quickly before the app tape starts to get loose. After you have it squeegeed in place then I let it sit a little while and get some tack and then spray the top to help get the tape off. 

spray on tack? Define.

I prefer to not use the wet method on glass if at all possible. Takes much longer for the decal to stick...I end up using a good bit of heat just to evaporate the solution enough to peel the mask off without the decal peeling too.  

spray on tack? Define.

Wet install you just have to let the adhesive have a little time to get hold of what it's going on. Sometimes a half hour. After the graphic has time to get a grip on the substrate then spray on the top of the tape and it will loosen up and come off the vinyl easier. I'm with Moody on glass and most easy flat substrates I dry install it's just so much faster. 

All I need to say is "RapidTac II"

I have regular Rapidtac and RapidTac 2.  Rapidtac 2 is 10 times better.   You don't have to wait very long at all.  By the time I squeegee the graphic down it's ready to pull the app tape off.   

Now I still have a bunch of regular rapidtac that I tried to use up and it's horrible.   

I believe 100% it's all in the app fluid you use.