lablover

Cutt off knife for my Graptec CE 6000

I know it cmd with this little knife but mine was busted....or wait, I broke it.  Didn't like it anyway!!  Anyone have a particular knife they like to use when cutting your vinyl off the machine?  I just don't want to start to scar the daylights out of the knife groove...Yea I know..Anal...Sorry

I have been using the plastic letter openers. They have an enclosed blade that cuts great and straight. The plastic housing won't mark up the cutter. Wally world has them as well as any stationary store. You can also shop on the big auction site for them. 

post-7680-0-98722000-1415197821_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I have been using the plastic letter openers. They have an enclosed blade that cuts great and straight. The plastic housing won't mark up the cutter. Wally world has them as well as any stationary store. You can also shop on the big auction site for them. 

SAWEEETTTT!!!

Here are the two that I use, they both take the same replacement blades and don't scar up the plotter like a razor blade will.

post-24657-0-97126200-1415209595_thumb.j

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="arty-rc" data-cid="376440" data-time="1415197688"><p>

I have been using the plastic letter openers. They have an enclosed blade that cuts great and straight. The plastic housing won't mark up the cutter. Wally world has them as well as any stationary store. You can also shop on the big auction site for them.</p></blockquote>

I bought two different brand letter openers like this and neither works well for me on my CE6000. They are just wide enough to bind up in the knife track. They also seemed awkward to use. (too small in my hand) I use a large snap-off blade knife and set it so it won't bottom out in the track.

Doug, I have the Zippy cutter like yours. Same color too. They work great.

One of my favorite features of my new cutter is the material cutoff because I never had a knife handy when I needed it.

• Like 2

I have been using one of these for a few years. Normally around $3 at office sipply or craft stores. Got luck and found some at the dollar tree and stocked up.

post-242-0-07895100-1415228607_thumb.png

• Like 1

I have been using one of these for a few years. Normally around $3 at office sipply or craft stores. Got luck and found some at the dollar tree and stocked up.

That looks interesting...Gotta keep an eye out for that

• Like 1

One of my favorite features of my new cutter is the material cutoff because I never had a knife handy when I needed it.

That's the damn truth jaybird! Look on the table to the left of my cutter, then the table on the right, leave the cutter to look on my weeding bench only to find the dang knife is in my right back pocket!  :lol:  Thinkin about tying it to the cutter with about 35 inches of slack.

That looks interesting...Gotta keep an eye out for that

you will love it..trust me..and I've tried them all.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="express2100" data-cid="376479" data-time="1415233179"><p>

That's the damn truth jaybird! Look on the table to the left of my cutter, then the table on the right, leave the cutter to look on my weeding bench only to find the dang knife is in my right back pocket! :lol: Thinkin about tying it to the cutter with about 35 inches of slack.</p></blockquote>

I've done all that including tying it to my cutter lol. Damn knives have a mind of their own.

I've been using the ZipCutter from USCutter's website. So far so good. An added bonus is it's got enough metal content to stick well to magnets, so I placed a magnet on the bottom right side of my cutter stand, and the tool sits right there until I need it, and goes right back as soon as I'm done... no magically disappearing tools like above. =) 

http://www.uscutter.com/ZipCutter-Banner-and-Graphics-Trimming-Tool

Cut-off knife on my vinyl cutter stand

ZipCutter storage

I've been using the ZipCutter from USCutter's website. So far so good. An added bonus is it's got enough metal content to stick well to magnets, so I placed a magnet on the bottom right side of my cutter stand, and the tool sits right there until I need it, and goes right back as soon as I'm done... no magically disappearing tools like above. =) 

http://www.uscutter.com/ZipCutter-Banner-and-Graphics-Trimming-Tool

i have one of these i bought on uscutters website a few months back it's still in the original packaging lol 

I should pull it out and try it i just added it on one of my orders and forgot about it till you posted this lol

• Like 1