Antcarter

Scal and Microsoft Surface 3

Hello all

Is there anyone out there that knows if you can install and run on the Microsoft surface 3?

Thanks in Advance.

Dont quote me on this but I dont see why not. Surface runs a complete operating system unlike ipads and other tablets. Let me know what you find out I am getting one for work this week to run my adobe suite while traveling and working offsite...might be cool to be able to set it up as a back up for cutting too. 

Thanks for the reply Moody Blue. Let me know how your experience goes with the surface. Your input would most def be a deciding factor on me buying one.

Will do. If things go as planned I should have by the end of the week or sometime next week. 

Just to add to this, I hate giving Microsoft money for an over priced tablet, so....

I was in Costco and found an acer "mini" laptop that is only 11.6" or something close to that. 2.2ghz Celeron, 2 gig ram and 320gb hard drive.

I grabbed one for $299 Canadian. First thing I did was bumped the ram up to 8gb. $80. Want an SSD next.

This thing is the same size as a tablet with an add on keyboard. Runs 720 res and will run at 1060 with an external monitor.

2 usb 2 and 1 usb 3. HDMI out. Bluetooth, wifi, network hard wire and a few other things. Also, full size keyboard.

Battery life is amazing and lasts longer than they claim. 5 hours no problem.

Runs CorelDraw x6 without a problem. Also, runs my Graphtec just like my big boy computer.

Perfect little thing for when you are laying around and just want to play with designs.

Just a thought for you guys wanting something small to play with.

Resurrection of this: finally got my Surface Pro 3 back in December and its freaking sweet! I am a Mac user at home but have to run windows at work so I am familiar with both systems. So far from what I have found...256 gb is more than enough space to use one of these for cutting and design purposes. Mine is loaded with my entire Adobe CC suite and the touch features Adobe has optimized are awesome. If you are cutting by USB yes this will work great. However being that I use Signcut Pro, I can only have on one machine :angry: so haven't actually done any cutting with it.