Sign in to follow this  
jdthedj10

Sign Blazer with Vinyl Express R series 2

I just bought this 2nd hand cutter. I downloaded and installed SBE 6.0 and it does not have the drivers I need. I tried all of the Redsail cutters as well as all variations of cutter and com port.

My port in my device manager shows FT232R USB UART (Port_#0004.Hub-#0001) I assume this is Com Port 4?

I have begun installing the driver from here: 

http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=783&nav=0,45,132

I Have had the cmd window up for about an hour with little dots that keep making little dots, lol, thousands of them.

I simply can not get a signal to the cutter. Any help is much appreciated. I have attached a screen shot of the devmgr

post-88658-0-02526500-1413757390_thumb.j

Looks like you haven't installed the USB emulation chipset drivers fron sign warehouse site yet . . . Start there

OK, thank you,  I have searched for the "USB emulation chipset drivers" and I am unable to find anything. Do you have a link to the download or at least the page where it is at? Also this is a Win 7 Ultimate PC.

Mz Skeeter How long does it normally take to install the comm driver? It's been over an hour and it just keeps on making dots.

Not very long at all.    I don't have a value cutter anymore.  Upgraded years ago...  I just gave you what I could find.

On Windows XP...I just downloaded it and clicked RUN   the the box came up..  Installing driver, and a crap load of little dots, took about 2-2.5 minutes, until it said installed.