Sign in to follow this  
azkyle89

Transfer tape for Hexis Carbon Fiber?

I have some of the Hexis 30000 carbon fiber vinyl and want to make some decals with it but I am having an absolute nightmare with transfer tape...

I have some RTape clear AT75 and 4076 RLA, and neither will stick and lift the vinyl.  I've seen a lot of carbon fiber vinyls so I'm wondering if it's the brand?

What do you guys recommend

First off, for any decals, DO NOT lift the vinyl from the backing,  Not only are you lifting the transfer tape off the decal/vinyl, you can be lifting the paper from the backing right up and stuck to your decal. You squeegee the transfer tape real good on top, and peel the backing away from the decal.  Huge difference,  Try that and see what problems you have then. I would use paper transfer tape

That is a vinyl for wrapping. You might have to try several types of paper tape to find one that works. 

First off, for any decals, DO NOT lift the vinyl from the backing,  Not only are you lifting the transfer tape off the decal/vinyl, you can be lifting the paper from the backing right up and stuck to your decal. You squeegee the transfer tape real good on top, and peel the backing away from the decal.  Huge difference,  Try that and see what problems you have then. I would use paper transfer tape

i have no clue what you're trying to say here.. i understand how to apply transfer tape to vinyl.

That is a vinyl for wrapping. You might have to try several types of paper tape to find one that works. 

Okay that's what I thought. I have a roll of an unknown brand that somewhat worked, just took a lot of working the vinyl to stay to the tape. know of any carbon fiber like vinyl that would be good use for stickers? 

Sorry, I am not talking about applying transfer tape to vinyl... I am talking about after the transfer tape has already been applied to the vinyl. Maybe more info is needed.  I am a bit confused,,,, Please explain why are you lifting the vinyl?  And lifting the vinyl from what?

Flip it over tape side down and peel the backing away. It helps keep the vinyl attached to the tape

Flip it over tape side down and peel the backing away. It helps keep the vinyl attached to the tape

LOL   I guess he didn't understand it my way.....   DO NOT lift the vinyl from the backing....  paper IS the backing...

• Like 1

Definitely doesnt even come close to working. I'm sure it's the vinyl itself. it is textured and really smooth and the tape just plain does not stick to it at all. Spent 10 minutes coercing the vinyl to stick to the tape to just do 1 sticker. Just gonna use what I have to wrap something and find a different brand that can be used for stickers. Which was part of my original question..

If you are cutting too deep, you can also be forcing the vinyl into the backing..Which makes it harder to remove the backing..  Should only be a slight mark on the backing where it cut.

If you are cutting too deep, you can also be forcing the vinyl into the backing..Which makes it harder to remove the backing..  Should only be a slight mark on the backing where it cut.

I've tried that too. i need a recommendation on vinyl