Sign in to follow this  
chipperi

Ends not quite meeting...

The end of a cut it missing the beginning of the cut by just a tiny bit. For instance the center of an O or a lower case e...I have my overcut set to 2mm which is double normal, and I am still having trouble weeding.  Any Ideas?? 30" TC Series Scal3Pro speed 400 pressure 30. Oracal 651

The machine is about a year old, and a steady worker.  I have never messed with the offset because my corners are nice and sharp, not rounded, but I am game to try anything. Blade is about a month old (which reminds me I have to order more.)  I was thinking I may have the pressure too high as it makes a solid tap sound when the blade comes down....

if your corners are sharp don't mess with the offset - check for a broken tip on the blade.  not sure why it would make a tap sound unless you have too much blade exposure and it is hitting the cutting strip  - which will break a blade tip

Personally I'd try adjusting the offset.  

In my experience a circle is a better indicator of offset then a triangle.   

If the offset is correct the circle will start and stop at exactly the same point.  

To me saying a corner is sharp is alittle subjective.   One persons idea of sharp isn't the same as another.   

With little increments you're not going to see much of a difference in that corner.  But with a circle you have a clear measurement of with the ends meet perfectly or if they are off a mm or 2.  

If offset is an issue it would show in every corner not just at the connecting point. To be fair I have never seen offset adjustment close the end of a cut, usually just opens a can of worms.

• Like 1

Sat down last night to cut a bunch of decals, and I discovered it by accident. The thumb screw that holds the blade holder in had loosened, and caused it to wobble slightly.....DUH!