joefraga

Start and stop cuts not meeting on Titan 2

I have had my Titan 2 for a few months now. Has been working awesome. I made a decal for a client this morning and everything was fine. Went out for a few hours and came back to do some more decals. Now all of a sudden the cuts do not meet up. The end cut stops short of the start cut. Also the letters I was cutting are not coming out clean like they used to. It looks like im cutting with an SC. My over cut is set at 1.00mm and always has been. When I do a test cut straight off the machine it has the same issue. What am I missing? Nothing happened between this morning and this afternoon. I didn't even turn the machine off.

Please help.

That sounds mechanical? Is the blade holder secure? I would start with removing the blade holder, inspect blade, re-adjust and put back in.

• Like 1

Jburns, thank you for your help. I had checked that before I posted but figured I should look again. This time I saw that my blade was nicked. Have no idea how but there it was. Thank you for the help!!!

Jburns, thank you for your help. I had checked that before I posted but figured I should look again. This time I saw that my blade was nicked. Have no idea how but there it was. Thank you for the help!!!

too much blade exposed can do that...  Did you set your blade depth to the instructions that I have posted a zillion times.?. ;D

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Mine did the same once in my case the blade holder came loose. Now I always check to make sure the holder it tight prior to start up.