Sign in to follow this  
BAM

Flood .

Last night I lost everything all my vinyl my cutter.. my business. There was a flash flood that took out my boyfriends entire house.. His parents were living on a fixed income and needed help so we moved in literally yesterday to help with money.. Now they are homeless as are we for the time being and our business.. Is no more. I literally don't know what to do or say.

You and your family are in my prayers.  Hang in there...  Help will come from the most unexpected places...Red Cross is a good organization and will help provide for the basics.  This is heartbreaking but be strong.  Keep us updated...

• Like 1

Wow! From the news reports it sounds like flash flooding is almost a yearly event down there. What a terrible thing to have to endure. Is there no homeowners or renters insurance to help cover any of this? I feel for you.

• Like 1

national flood insurance even, if you are not in a flood prone area can save your backside it is very reasonable and covers damages from water other insurances will not.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. Floods really do suck.

And, if you're not in what 'they' call, a '100 year flood plain', you can't even purchase flood insurance.

You probably qualify now. At least that's the way it was, when we had our 500 year flood, back in the 90's.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. Floods really do suck.

And, if you're not in what 'they' call, a '100 year flood plain', you can't even purchase flood insurance.

You probably qualify now. At least that's the way it was, when we had our 500 year flood, back in the 90's.

Yea I guess from what i've been told that you cannot even get it for the area they are in.. Its really hard to get any place to cover any sort of water damage