Sign in to follow this  
harleytuner

Compam won't power up

I have a Compam 3050, it worked great untill I moved.  Now it won't power up.  Anybody else have a problem like this?  Is there a fuse or a reset I can try?  Thanks

I tried a new cord, there is poer going to the switch and out of the switch.  So I took the covers off tyo test the power supply.  120 going in and 5v 12v and 30 v DC coming out so the power supply looks like it's working.  Troubleshooting it is showing that it is more than likely the main board.  Looks expensive.

Anybody had one of these go bad before?

don't remember seeing many go bad on the other site - too bad usc had a big sale on the parts for the copam and then jacked the remainder of stock prices way up.  it's been in production for about 14 years with no changes - was a very solid designed plotter

https://uscutter.com/vinyl-cutter-parts/

Thanks for the link.  I wouldn't Think the motherboard would go bad but that's what my troubleshooting has led to.  I have 120 volts AC going into the power supply on the input side.  The output side has 5 terminals, 2 marked ground, 1 marked 5V, 1 12 V and the last 30V and they all have the respective voltages coming out (in DC volts) and the next step is the motherboard.  So that's how I came to my conclusion.  I just moved 500 miles with it.  It was working without a flaw when I loaded it in my enclosed trailer.  I wrapped it pretty good in a thick shipping blanket.  I guess it must have bounced around enough to break something.

Check all other connections that might have plugs, something might of came loose. I doubt they used locking type connectors.