rbarron

MH721 Force & Speed Setting

Hello!

This is a total noob question, what are the "best" force and speed settings for Oracal 651 on a USCutter MH721?

I've had the machine for 5-6 years and use it sparingly - cut decals for my motorcycle club, for friends, etc. I set it up, found what worked for me and never thought twice about it. I was trolling the interwebs for something completely unrelated and saw my cutter, which lead me down a rabbit hole to the forum and got me to thinking...

Anyhoo, looking for a recommendation :-)

TIA!

~rob

First you have to set your blade correctly and your force is adjusted after that to the vinyl you are cutting at the time.....  This is how to set your blade correctly.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get the same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

I run mine wide open (top speed 48in/s.) with a down force of 60g. on regular intermediate calendered vinyl.

Not sure why, but my machine resets to default (24in/s. 100g.) when turned off and back on.

Once you get your blade set like Mz SKEETER says, then the settings I have settled on for my 721 is 70g down pressure and 170 on the speed. I have used faster and slower because of intricate designs but use these now. That's with 60 degree clean cut blades and calendered vinyl. Mine has never changed when turned off, maybe something is wrong with it. never a problem with it either, my copam is the same way. Oh ya, same settings for easy weed.

Donn

Yes, I know that something is wrong with it !!!

It drives me nuts to have to adjust it each time I switch it on.

The machine was sold to me for $90. on craigslist so I'm not really complaining.

I run mine wide open (top speed 48in/s.) with a down force of 60g. on regular intermediate calendered vinyl.

Not sure why, but my machine resets to default (24in/s. 100g.) when turned off and back on.

Yeah, mine resets itself too, sometimes. Seems like it's when I unplug it.

I was referring to something possibly wrong with mine! Being I have never had any problems and once the speed and pressure are set it never changes.