NickiZ

Heat press vinyl - can't see cutlines!

Need help please.  Using white Flex 123 heat press vinyl.  (This stuff can be used with a lower heat setting)  Anyways, my problem is that I can't see my cut lines.  Cigarette ashes seem to be the only thing I've found that lets me see the cutlines but that's a mess and smells.  I've tried regular blackboard chalk, and carpenter's chalk.  The problem with carpenter's chalk (besides it's permanent) is that when I brush it on some of my detail pops up.  This HPV has minimal stickyness - so when you press the piece back down it won't stick because you've gotten chalk on it.  Arrrrgghhhh!  Any suggestions?  I've also tried a lightbox but this stuff is thick.  Think I'll stick with the easy weed but would really like to use up this stuff since I already have it.

Never mind - I think I figured something out.  For anyone else with the same predicament here's what I did.  Cocoa! lol  Used a pouncer and pounced on cocoa then gently wiped off with a kleenex.  Left just enough cocoa in the cut lines for me to see to weed.

Or... you could try popping it in the freezer for a minute or two.  I've done this with regular calendared white vinyl that has a white backing.  I've never tried it with HTV but I'd imagine it's the same concept