Sign in to follow this  
drunknspike

keyspan adaptor

i have a pcut cutter it uses a printer usb cable to connect it to my pc i dont have serial port  on my cutter how would i connect the key span adapter to this cutter

the problems im having is im trying to cut a design it is an out line of a character the design is 34cm wide 42 cm high for a  t shirt for my nephew and the traking goes out so it cannot be weeded properly and it cuts a diagonal line through the design sometimes its just one line and sometimes its 2 this happens on the t shirt vinyl and not decal vinyl and i use the same design ?? ive earthed the cutter ive adjusted the blade so it hardly sticks out of the holder i do cutting at 40 speed Ive cut the vinyl off the big roll so there is no tension on the t shirt vinyl  so im hoping this adaptor will solve the problems im having just unsure how it will connect everything up to my equipment thanx in advance

The Keyspan adapter will provide a serial DB9 connection port for those who only have a USB port on their computer.

In your case, this does not apply, because your cutter lacks the DB9 serial input.

Perhaps utilize other software, like SignBlazer and see if that works out better  (download from USCUTTER)

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand...Might try wiping your vinyl with dryer sheets,  Spray Static Guard in the area...

• Like 1

im using fexi sign 8 it only happens on the t shirt vinyl so dont think its the software ??

Ive got the cutter grounded to the metal pinch roller then to the stand then to a radiator will try dryer sheet next

Dryer sheets don't work anywhere close to the spray static guard product. Heat transfer vinyl has the plastic carrier which greatly increases the static build up. Once I started pretreating the area around my P-Cut it pretty much fixed the glitch problems you are experiencing. That is a known issue with the P-Cut model. The tracking should not be an issue with a standard tee sized design. Make sure you have the pinch rollers over the grit part of the drive shaft. I made the mistake of sliding things around and not paying attention to where they were and made a mess about the third cut I ever did when I was starting out. 

I am surprised they made a Pcut without an RS-232 port? wow.  I have the Pcut, just switched to Keyspan -from Belkin cable- a world of difference for relaibility.

Also I ran a small grounding wire from a bottom screw on the cutter to the stand.

Dryer sheets don't work anywhere close to the spray static guard product. Heat transfer vinyl has the plastic carrier which greatly increases the static build up. Once I started pretreating the area around my P-Cut it pretty much fixed the glitch problems you are experiencing. That is a known issue with the P-Cut model. The tracking should not be an issue with a standard tee sized design. Make sure you have the pinch rollers over the grit part of the drive shaft. I made the mistake of sliding things around and not paying attention to where they were and made a mess about the third cut I ever did when I was starting out. 
yeah gonna try the spray I've made sure the pinch roller line up with the black rubber things hopefully the static spray will sort it the design is quite detailed as we'll but it can't be that either because it cut the same design at the same size on graphic vinyl

I did some amazing stuff with the P-Cut once I dialed it in. HTV is for the most part very forgiving. I have found that too much pressure can cause the carrier to stretch while cutting and can cause some issues. If your model has extra pinch rollers you can put one right in the middle and it won't effect the HTV. I had the 48" model and was able to find a spot where I could utilize the middle pinch. (At least that's how I remember it over a year since I had it around here)

Mines the 48" one gonna mess about with it next week busy at the moment doing essays for courses etc I'll see if what you all suggested fix it :) thanx all

for replying

So with no anti static spray around here in the shops had to settle for anti static monitor wipes I wiped the vinyl and the machine where the vinyl would be moving tried the design I'm having problems with and it made 2 line diagonally across the design from the origin point

Most of the time it only made one and a couple of times it hasn't done it so not sure what is causing that

I've manages to get most of the design in line a couple of places it has gone out of line and I've noticed the vinyl slips I got it tracked good marked the cutting strip where the vinyl was at the end of the cut is was slightly out of line just need to get the rollers tighter some how any ideas I've read pcut pinch rollers are not adjustable ?