efghaus

Application tape/paper suggestions needed

Hi everyone! I probably put this in the wrong category, but i need some advice on application tape.

Is there such a thing as one  "Perfect" Application Tape ? Up to now I've been making do with clear contact paper or Oracal Tape sheets from the craft store. It gets pricey this way in the long run, and I am thinking of making the leap to ordering a roll of application tape.

I use Oracal 631 and I have some Greenstar that I use for exterior projects. , Once I'm out of Greenstar,  I'll likely switch over to 651 for our out door projects.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1-Can be used for  Oracal 631  and the occasional GreenStar project. (if that's possible).

2-I'd also like it to be clear (a paper that has some transparency would be OK too) because I occasionally come up wth a design that is  multi-colored so I need to see my registration marks. 

3- something that won't drive complaints back to me if I have someone else do the application.  

4- Last but not least, needs to be available in 15" width.

I appreciate the your feed back! I'm just not sure what to order and I feel sort of overwhelmed with all choices.

Thanks again.... 

Ha ha! I hear you on all the choices. You are going to get opinions as varied as the options. I have had great success with about any of the R-Tape options. I don't know that there is a perfect one for all option. 631 is super picky due to the matte finish. HT55 is special designed for 631 and is a med tack tape that works ok for other stuff but for 651 I prefer a little more tack to help get it off the backing. 651 is tricky to get to release. Clear tape is not my personal favorite for much of anything in any brand. I sell it and occasionally use it for small multi-layer work of to some of the ladies who buy misc cut vinyl from me for self install. Paper just does a better job with less stretch and less tunneling. 

Great idea Wild Goose, I'll check with some of my local pro's. I'm not really a high volume user and can't really justify buying 100 yds of high tack annd 100 yds of med. tack  I don't sell so hopefully they don't see me as a threat....

I figured there would be a personal  peference factor too, someday I'll find something I can use.  

oh, and I'd like world peace too.

The perfect application tap and world peace. Then I'm good. 

Viny outlet sells mainly 631 and their application tape comes in rolls or 12x24 sheets you might want to try there! 

I like Rtape AT-75 for glossy outdoor vinyl and HT-55 for matte indoor vinyl. HT-55 does work on both though.

Thank you BAM & pshawny. I prder a roll of HT-55 and but went with the smaller, more economical roll of AT-65. 

• Like 1