Does anyone know of an "affordable" stand alone software for making rhinestone templates with my US Cutter Pcut 24". I found a bunch of "add on" software but nothing in the stand alone dept. I am looking to make simple rhinestone font designs. I looked into getting templates made by a forum member on here but after two emails not responded to, I am moving on.  

Anyone know how much StoneCut Pro is. I really don't feel like going through the "hard sell" just to get a price. It sounds like its not "affordable" anyway. I hear everyone drop the term "scalp". What is it?

I am showing StoneCutPro which states it can be used as a stand alone or operated with AI or corel

StoneCut Pro

StoneCut Pro is the primary software component in the Patent Pending Digital Art Solutions Rhinestone System™. StoneCut Pro can be operated as a stand-alone multi-decoration software or integrated seamlessly with Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW.

Sure Cuts A Lot, USCutter gives it with new cutter purchases.

• Like 1

I have a US Cutter PCut that I purchased new about 5 years ago. It came with Sign Blazer which I love. I just updated the software to get rid of timer (was up to 800). Do you know if Sign Blazer will work. I was told Sure Cuts A Lot was a watered down version marketed for Cricuts and Hobby/Craft cutters. I thought I should buy new program and people on here said not to, stick with the Sign Blazer.

I don;t like scalp for a lot of things but it is cheap for rhinestones - but the plug in for corel would be better.  the owner of sb passed long before rhinestones became vogue.

I don;t like scalp for a lot of things but it is cheap for rhinestones - but the plug in for corel would be better.  

I used to use R Stones 2 for CorelDraw (until my system crashed and I was too cheap to buy another license yet) and it worked well.  The drawback to these add-ons is that you need to actually own a working version of CorelDraw or Illustrator in order to use them, and neither of those are "affordable" like the OP asked for.

I tried the trial version of SCALP and it works pretty well for the cost. 

Made me cry to think what I paid for 12 a few years ago.

• Like 1

Any price on the StoneCut Pro. I tried avoiding the "hard sell" by Digital Art Solutions. No dice. I filled out my info on their page with the simple question..."How much does it cost?" Apparently that is too hard of a question because I got a return call/message back on my machine telling me to call them about all the benefits the program has to offer. Obviously I am already interested, just tell me the price and we'll go from there. I knew is was going to be like looking at a car at a dealership during operating hours. "Let me tell you why you need this and then drop the price on you at the end after your worn down" I hate sites that don't post upfront pricing.

I paid around 1400-1800 for my stone cut pro, I do not use it, it sits on the shelf.

I use winpsign 2014 and Easystonetemplates macro with Corel 6 the most, Most programs have demos, try them all,,, there are a ton of programs out there,, sew what fits, you!

• Like 1

There are addon packages for CorelDRAW and Illustrator.  However it is possible to just get by with out using specialty software.

Inkscape, CorelDRAW, and Illustrator are all capable of making templates.  The addon packages just make it easier.  Here are some techniques.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/4125611

• Like 1

As Dakota said, you don't need the latest & greatest version of CorelDraw or Illustrator....

for a very reasonable price you can use an older version.

PLUS, look at how much more you can do with the whole graphics/vector program.

Sue2