Sign in to follow this  
Capt'n Morgan

Red Blade Holder For Graphtec $99.00

You could do that... for for that same price you could get 5 metal blade holders from ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=graphtec+CB15U&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgraphtec+CB15U+hold&_nkw=graphtec+CB15U+holder&_sacat=0

I was leery of generics, but I bought one like this, but blue top instead of red top, to hold a blade with greater depth for cutting rhinestone patterns and it works just fine.  Now I can just swap blade holders rather than having to try and dial in the right depth each time.  I'll never pay $100 for a plastic blade holder...

• Like 2

You could do that... for for that same price you could get 5 metal blade holders from ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=graphtec+CB15U&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgraphtec+CB15U+hold&_nkw=graphtec+CB15U+holder&_sacat=0

I was leery of generics, but I bought one like this, but blue top instead of red top, to hold a blade with greater depth for cutting rhinestone patterns and it works just fine.  Now I can just swap blade holders rather than having to try and dial in the right depth each time.  I'll never pay $100 for a plastic blade holder...

same thing I do the generics work fine and the multiples make changing materials quick and painless

I got a good generic and a bad generic blade holder, both ordered at the same time. I should have checked both when I first got them.

I let mine sit around for a few months then figured out I had wasted $25, the return period had expired.

I got a good generic and a bad generic blade holder, both ordered at the same time. I should have checked both when I first got them.

I let mine sit around for a few months then figured out I had wasted $25, the return period had expired.

what was bad about it.

what was bad about it.

Both of the blade holders i have are assembled differently where the blade rests inside on it's "spindle".  

Originally i didn't think anything of it as i was only using the OEM Graphtec holder.  

Once i started to use both of the generic blade holders i figured out one of them was bad.  

One cuts great, the other one is junk.  I had some pictures of the differences, i will have to see if i can find them.

I bought a $36 Graphtec Holder/Blade combo (for the CE5000)  from an Ebay seller and both work perfect.

• Like 1

then I had to add these for the holders - with the plastic you don't accidentially chip the blade putting them in or out and they stay safe.   I know my blade holder marking isn't the neatest but it was quick so I can identify the different holders - I cared more about function at the time than pretty

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39124-holder-for-graphtec-and-roland-blade-holders-for-sale/

post-2742-0-47733600-1406993690_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Well, I asked where to get the red blade holder and was told to ask  Ross from Clean Cut!  So he sent me to a website that wanted $20.00 more than I spent!    B)   Well anyways I guess I get screwed more than Hue Heffner  :rolleyes:  Well when your the new kid on the block I expect to take a few lumps along the way, that's just the price of the learning curve that any one goes through getting into something new. I hate pestering everyone asking a zillion questions all the time. So I don't know what fits what on these machines.  :blink:   Maybe next time Ill call Hue  he might be able to give me a few Tips. :lol:

Mr. Jones thanks for the multi blade Tip & Dakota I like the blade holder Idea.    :thumbsup:  I think I can make one of those.  There is allot of magic made in this shop. 

Well, I asked where to get the red blade holder and was told to ask  Ross from Clean Cut!  So he sent me to a website that wanted $20.00 more than I spent!    B)   Well anyways I guess get screwed more than Hue Heffner  :rolleyes:  Well when your the new kid on the block I expect to take a few lumps along the way, that's just the price of the learning curve that any one goes through getting into something new. I hate pestering everyone asking a zillion questions all the time. So I don't know what fits what on these machines.  :blink:   Maybe next time Ill call Hue  he might be able to give me a few Tips. :lol:

Mr. Jones thanks for the multi blade source on Flee Bay,  & Dakota I like the blade holder Idea.    :thumbsup:  I think I can make one of those.  In my other shop there is allot of magic made!  Fabrication R us.

DSCN6398.jpg

• Like 1

then I had to add these for the holders - with the plastic you don't accidentially chip the blade putting them in or out and they stay safe.   I know my blade holder marking isn't the neatest but it was quick so I can identify the different holders - I cared more about function at the time than pretty

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39124-holder-for-graphtec-and-roland-blade-holders-for-sale/

Dakota, I liked the blade holder - HOLDER  you added!   :thumbsup:    And having them ready to switch out.   :rolleyes:

DSCN6019.jpg

DSCN6022.jpg

• Like 2

I ordered some of the blade holders From Flee Bay I Think 5 of them for the 1.5mm Blades and a couple for the std bladesand they are not spring loaded? The graphtec one I purchased for 99.00 is spring loaded OW & Dakota when you guys got yours did they have springs with them?

Thanks

I ordered some of the blade holders From Flee Bay I Think 5 of them for the 1.5mm Blades and a couple for the std bladesand they are not spring loaded? The graphtec one I purchased for 99.00 is spring loaded OW & Dakota when you guys got yours did they have springs with them?

Thanks

don't think so but I get springs with mine from cleancut . . . .you are right the newest graphtec holders have the springs in them but not a big deal to just add a spring

• Like 1

don't think so but I get springs with mine from cleancut . . . .you are right the newest graphtec holders have the springs in them but not a big deal to just add a spring

Well I would like to, but Mr. Ross @Clean Cut Didnt send Springs with the 10 Blades I got From Him.  <_<   So I just got off the Phone with them And Mr. Ross is now making good and sending me 20 of them right out. Never hurt having a couple Spares. ;)  They made good thats all Ole Duke expects So I am good to go. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I think I usually get. 1 for every 5 blade and never need to change them, so good for a long time here. Heck 10 cc blade will last a long time,

I was told by Graphtec the ce6000 uses a new blade and holder.I suppose they can still use the older style too.

The new blade holder doesn't use the springs. The ce5000 cutters do use springs. I just bought a ce6000-60

a month ago,and I noticed this,so I contacted Graphtec America. I never asked if the older ce6000 cutters had

springs or not.

I am using 2 of the old style holders  - actually only difference I saw was the spring being in the new holder - same blades are working great

on my ce5000 the blade holder spring is built in.

on my ce5000 the blade holder spring is built in.

OEM blade holders have the spring built in.

Aftermarket Chinese blade holders still use the old style where the spring sits around the blade.

• Like 2

On my Graphtec FC8600 the one that came with it was built in, and the red blade holder I ordered an OEM Graphtec one was also. I like them better cause you dont have to fiddle with the springs!  :rolleyes:  Guess thats partly the difference between a $10.00 Blade holder and a 90+ plus dollar one!  :lol:

On my Graphtec FC8600 the one that came with it was built in, and the red blade holder I ordered an OEM Graphtec one was also. I like them better cause you dont have to fiddle with the springs!  :rolleyes:  Guess thats partly the difference between a $10.00 Blade holder and a 90+ plus dollar one!

For $80 I'll fiddle with the spring. The ce5000 has a separate spring or at least both of my holders do.

• Like 1