kustomwerxgrafix

Problems with scal 3 pro ver. 3.064 after update

After updating my scal software I am noticing that when I make multiple cuts of the same logo there are areas that do not cut right. Out of the same 30 logos there will be maybe 3 or 4 of them that did not cut out right, letters or part of the logo would have a slash through it. I've called tech support and they had me check connections at both the computer and the cutter (laser point II) and this did not fix the problem. The only thing that has changed since the last run i did for a customer is that i have updated my software.

Anyone else having these problems?

MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.5

SCAL Pro 3 ver. 3.064

when i updated the software i noticed a lot of issues too, sometimes the program closes out of nowhere. 

sometimes my designs weren't finishing 100% 

just random stuff, I'm sure they're going to fix the bugs 

Seems like every time they release an update all hell breaks loose. I'd try going back to the version you had.

check your blade depth and make sure that the blade holder is going all the way up and not hitting on the carrier plastic red case. I had that problem and it was doing that.

check your blade depth and make sure that the blade holder is going all the way up and not hitting on the carrier plastic red case. I had that problem and it was doing that.

I'm sure the blade depth is fine djque. If I was just cutting out one sticker and was having this problem then that would make since but what is happening is that I am cutting out multiple of the same sticker at the same time and my thinking is that if the blade depth was the problem then all of them would be effected. I did run it through the cut cycle without the blade and it seems to be rising up just fine. Its very frustrating seeings how I have changed nothing to the file for the logo just the update in the software.

Seems like every time they release an update all hell breaks loose. I'd try going back to the version you had.

I will try this but do you know if the new files that I have created will still be saved when I switch back? 

when i updated the software i noticed a lot of issues too, sometimes the program closes out of nowhere. 

sometimes my designs weren't finishing 100% 

just random stuff, I'm sure they're going to fix the bugs 

Are you running the same version as I?

I don't think it'll affect your saved files but it may not open those saved in the newer version. At least you can tell if the cuts are fixed by the rollback or if you need to look for other problems.

I don't think it'll affect your saved files but it may not open those saved in the newer version. At least you can tell if the cuts are fixed by the rollback or if you need to look for other problems.

You are right. The new files would not open once I rolled back the software update. After this job I have today I will roll back again and try out older files and see if the problem still persist.

word of advice find a version you are happy with and stop messing with the upgrades. They are so busy trying to fix things that they're messing other things up in the process. They need to go back to R&D and figure it out the re-release it working properly instead of customers paying to be guinea pigs for them.

• Like 1

Bigger, better, faster, more... many folks these days can't understand "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

• Like 1

I updated to the new version about a week ago (i think it was like version 3.06_?). I cut one decal successfully.. After that whenever I would send something to cut, the program would freeze.. I tried restarting, and even reinstalling scalp and it would constantly freeze.. Wound up reverting back to version 3.051 and everything is working correctly.. Def not upgrading anytime in the near future

If you export as an svg file instead of saving as a scalp file it will be backwards compatible. so when you go back to your original version your files created in the new version will open.

Donn

I updated to the new version about a week ago (i think it was like version 3.06_?). I cut one decal successfully.. After that whenever I would send something to cut, the program would freeze.. I tried restarting, and even reinstalling scalp and it would constantly freeze.. Wound up reverting back to version 3.051 and everything is working correctly.. Def not upgrading anytime in the near future

I am having problems with mine freezing up.  How did you revert back to a previous version?

Never mind.  I just updated to the latest version and all is well.  At least within the software.  I haven't cut anything yet, so keeping fingers crossed.