wickedstangs

Which T-Shirts do you recommend?

Looking at ordering some shirts from Jiffy Shirt and wanted your recommendation on shirts?

I have been looking at the Tagless from Fruit of the Loom (Fruit of the Loom Adult 6 oz. Lofteez HD T-Shirt)  What do you all think or recommend getting? 

Thanks

With HTV you shouldn't have any significant issues with any of the heavy 6oz shirts. About the only one I wasn't as impressed with was the Anvil white cotton shirts. They were on sale and I bought some extra to do some testing and have been disappointed at how rough the feel is after a few wash cycles. Hanes are usually good and I have used the Fruit of loom, Gildan and Jerzees too. 

IF you have a  re-sellers license you can save some money by ordering through SanMar.   

With HTV you shouldn't have any significant issues with any of the heavy 6oz shirts. About the only one I wasn't as impressed with was the Anvil white cotton shirts. They were on sale and I bought some extra to do some testing and have been disappointed at how rough the feel is after a few wash cycles. Hanes are usually good and I have used the Fruit of loom, Gildan and Jerzees too. 

IF you have a  re-sellers license you can save some money by ordering through SanMar.   

I have a resellers license but, they told me no for some reason.. I will look for email..

I use the Gildan Heavy cotton and Ultra Cotten the most.  I avoid Fruit of the loom as (in my opinion and that of some customers) they seem to run a tad small and seem to shrink more than others.

• Like 1

I use Gildan unless I have a customer request something different. I find the quality to be the best for the price.

• Like 1

Never heard of sanmar saying no to somebody with a license. I'd call them and if I remember they never did anything by email, only phone except for emailing a copy of my license

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jaybird" data-cid="364434" data-time="1404951776"><p>

Never heard of sanmar saying no to somebody with a license. I'd call them and if I remember they never did anything by email, only phone except for emailing a copy of my license</p></blockquote>

SanMar is continually evaluating the strategic direction of our company and our customer base. We have decided at this time to only sell to our industry. These are businesses that advertise and promote other companies in a marketing effort to the general public. We will also sell to screen printers and embroiderers who do their own decorating and are advertising this service to the general public.

just tell them that you are now a sports and apparel screen printer. They don't know enough to differentiate screen print vs HTV, to them it's all the same. 

• Like 1

If you are talking to them on the phone (highly recommended) you might drop a few names like Thinc Actionware and Staton Online and they won't hesitate to get your business. 

Just call them and tell them you do custom work and screen printing. Funny thing is I have started seeing the Port & Co. brand shirts in some stores which means they are selling to straight up resellers now.

• Like 1

1.  Gildan Ultra.  6.x oz shirts.  Comparable to Hanes Beefy-T.   Both are fantastic.  I alway use Gildan unless I can't get them, then I default to the beefy t's.

2.  Gildan Heavy.  5.x oz shirts.  Cheeper, but barely.  I have had a few 'it shrunk' reports... so I only sell these if my customer understands and accepts the risk.

3.  I avoid FOTL and Anvil like the plague.

I have a new shirt I lay on my work table with "WELL" used shirts laying on top of it to show shrinkage.  The measurements I took last week for a customer showed that the Heavy shirt shrank an inch in length and the Ultra shirt shrank 1/2" in length.  I am comfortable with up to 1/2" of shrink over the abusive life I put a shirt through.

• Like 2

Well Good News everyone I decided to cut out the Middle man.. (SANMAR) and contacted the companies direct and got me all setup now..  I did have to change my company name just to sound legit.. aka doing business as :)  I have an account setup with Gildan/Hanes/Alstyle with no mininum orders and already ordered enough to get me started..:)  Hope this pans out again thanks everyone