gcextreme

Trailer Setup.

So many of you know I bought an enclosed trailer this winter.

Ive been using it to haul my equipment and merchandise to and from craft shows.

Im now looking at using it to do vinyl on the go...where I bring just the cutting machine, tables, vinyl and app tape, and supplies and make stuff on the go. Like I come to a customers store and make their stuff right their in my trailer and apply to their doors/windows/etc.

I will have an inverter generator or use a long extension cord to their power supply.

Anyway my ug question is, right now for transporting my expensive graphtec cutter I store it in a large plastic tote using the stryofoam that the cutter originally came packed in..it works great, but I would like to have it already setup and secured in the trailer. Like buying a second stand and securing it to the floor.

Does anyone have any setups like this or any recommendations?

Ill start off by saying I have not done this but I did look into doing it in the past, wasn't financially possible at the time.

A recommendation would be to have a workbench basically going the length of one side of the trailer. If you are set on mounting your cutter, use some rubber bushings between the cutter and whatever surface you decide to mount it to, to absorb some of the road shocks and jostling.

Don't skip the generator. you can always have both, and plug your shore line into someone's power when you have the opportunity, but you don't want to limit yourself and make that your only option for power. Im sure there will be more than one occasion you want to set up and no power is within reach of a cord.

I transported a cutter mounted on a stand back and forth to the flea market for a couple years with no harm. That was in a 14' box van that probably rode just as rough as any trailer.

• Like 1

That is a great idea! I'd love to do that.

Only does it get cold where you are?

Thanks.

I was trying to find another graphtec ce5000 60 stand..dont know where to order one.

And yes it gets freezing cold in Minnesota in the winters (Nov-Apr).

But this setup will be for the summer.

Pic of the trailer when I first got it

20140321_175159_zps0df26e60.jpg

Interior shot..first time using it...used it to haul my bike home from storage.

20140330_151935_zpsc94c62b3.jpg

I tried to sell my graphtec stand a while back, got offered twenty bucks, or so for it, finally sold it on ebay.

I actually bought 2 of those..mainly for the baskets lol.

Wasnt sure if my ce5000-60 would work on it.

I saw one guy modified it with plywood for his ce6000.

Jaybird put his cutter on it...  He posted a picture a while back, when they were on sale.

If I remember correctly they used a board for the graphtecs to mount on

• Like 1

I used 2 2x4's across the top. My cutter is not attached to the boards but it wouldn't be hard to attach it or drill 4 holes for the legs to sit in.

I tried to sell my graphtec stand a while back, got offered twenty bucks, or so for it, finally sold it on ebay.

really - I paid at least $50 for graphtec stands a couple of times and think one waas $75 - when I bought the cutter without a stand

in a whim i bought one of those Pcut stands that MS Skeeter lists above. It is still in the box. I bought it for the basket but i would have to drill holes in my stand to use it and all around- I JUST DON'T NEED IT.  I would sell it for the cost plus shipping if anyone wants it. It is heavy so i don't know what shipping would be. 

I don't know if I would have balls enough to let it set on a stand in the trailer even if it is secured down. Maybe the cutters can handle more abuse than I know but those single axle little trailers can be rough and bouncy. I guess if it were me I would make a solid, fixed stand out of wood and transport the cutter in your tow rig. It wouldn't take much to carry it to the trailer and plug it in. Plus the stand could pull double duty when the cutter isn't needed. Throw a piece of counter top on it and display your decals.

• Like 1

in a whim i bought one of those Pcut stands that MS Skeeter lists above. It is still in the box. I bought it for the basket but i would have to drill holes in my stand to use it and all around- I JUST DON'T NEED IT.  I would sell it for the cost plus shipping if anyone wants it. It is heavy so i don't know what shipping would be. 

My son just used zip ties to put the basket to his Graphtec stand...from the Pcut stand I bought for him...  I haven't seen it, but he says it works great to keep the vinyl off the floor.

• Like 1

thanks Mz Skeeter, will look into that.

thanks Mz Skeeter, will look into that.

I have not tried it, but I would think just using the Pcut stand would be easier...  Then you can slide the basket out of the way, front and back... A couple 2 x 4s on top to hold your cutter....  or a 2" x 6" ..maybe...

Im gonna see if I can make the pcut stand work. Otherwise im gonna have my bud weld me up a shelf mount out of aluminum.

I bought this this past week, but its not for cutting equipment nor has it been set up yet...

Diesel Touareg pulls it without a sweat.

10409544_10204555339746664_4639023294126

Thats just scary. .the trailer is way bigger than the car!

This is my setup with my Ranger pulling it

20140329_150549_zpse399f34a.jpg

If it were me, I would place the cutter in original packing foam and rubbermaid container in the cab. Then once to the location remove and place on a custom stand that has some sort of quick release holders. 

No room in the cab for it. It wont fit...

It would if I had 4 doors..but I only have the 2.

I was just reading all the posts about original packing and laughing. As soon as mine was up and running the box went to the burn pile lol. These machines are tougher than some of you think. Just remember they were designed to be in a production environment used on a daily basis.

a production environment??? lol thats not in the back of a trailer bouncing down the highway tho, lol.

You are correct and I make no claims as to durability except to say my first cutter died a horrible death in the back of that old box van. A 4 drawer fire rated cabinet broke loose and landed on it. Up to that point it was hauled in that van for over a year and a seiki took its place for nearly another year before I got a permanent location at the flea market.