What does this mean?

I cant use any of the controls. I have to turn the Graphtec CE5000-60 off and on to get it to stop flashing and displaying the Y-position alarm.

• Like 1

Do a factory reset.....Power turned on while holding down the UP arrow......     I have gotten that before by Clicking Origin, then trying to get the carriage to move too far past the Original  point with the Arrow buttons. then  I will get an alarm......

When I run a test the triangle doesnt fully make a connection.

Naw havent really thought about quitting trying to figure it out. I thing there is a solution to most problems. Just have to figure them out. Some take time and some are quick. I also like tinkering with things so its not a huge deal to do that with this as well. I would just prefer possitive comments to my questions. Skeeter hasent seemed to give up on me quite yet.

Y-Position alarm is when the carriage gets stuck - for instance vinyl gets jammed as the carriage is trying to move, happens to me when I cut scrap that has been folded. Power off, power on, try cutting again.

X-Position alarm is when the grit rollers get stuck. for instance if the plotter tries to pull a fifty yard roll too fast it will cause this alarm, same fix, power off, power on, try cutting again.

dakotagrafx's  picture was the key to my problem.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60424047@N03/6430106441/sizes/l/in/photostream/

The vinyl had jammed up and bent the sensor forward so it wasn't sliding over the pinch roller.  Once I pushed it straight it went back to working like a charm.  I had done a factory reset, cleaned everything, fiddle with the rollers, etc.. was giving up hope.  Thanks Dakota.  :0

• Like 2

dakotagrafx's  picture was the key to my problem.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60424047@N03/6430106441/sizes/l/in/photostream/

The vinyl had jammed up and bent the sensor forward so it wasn't sliding over the pinch roller.  Once I pushed it straight it went back to working like a charm.  I had done a factory reset, cleaned everything, fiddle with the rollers, etc.. was giving up hope.  Thanks Dakota.  :0

Had that happen on a qe60+ (ce5000) and I thought I killed it for sure until I pulled the cover to see that thin piece of metal bent.

I see the pic in the link above but I can't see my sensor. Does anyone else have a picture they can post or any other recommendations? Please see pic attached of my machine. Not sure why pic is upsude down. Is it possible for the sensor to fall off?post-96712-0-08484200-1449974181_thumb.j

Thanks. I am referring to the sensor mentioned in the link earlier in the poats abovr. It measures the distance between the rollers. When it is messed up, it goes past the rollers and hits the end of the machine. Then an error occurs and you can't cut.

The media width sensor is actually under the plastic cover on top of the machine and I don't think it can be seen without that cover removed. Somehow I bent one of the metal plates that it sense at each end and it started crashing into the end. My machine was set up in a retail space where little kids had access to it at the time, not any more.

Mine is back together at the moment but if you take the top cover off there is a metal tab at each an you can see on the top of the carriage the black plastic sensor that slides over them.

If my memory is right it's the u shaped black plastic thing on the right in your picture. Above the pinch roller is a metal tab that passes through that when the head goes side to side and triggers the sensor.

On 12/15/2015 at 10:05 PM, lizzylou said:

Which model are you showing of a graphtec?  Is it the Ce5000?

Hello.  I know its been a while?  Did you fix your machine?  I am having the same issue.  I am having the same issue with my FC 7000.

I know this is a very old topic, but I’m having this issue with my graphtec ce5000-60. 

I took cover off and located the black plastic u-shape. I found a metal tab on one end that slides between sensor, but nothing on the other? I am so confused. Any advice?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I believe it is only on one side - the y position sensor is actually underneath as shown in the link in the 6th post in this thread - it reads the little magnet or reflective part on the pinch rollers - to diagnose do as suggested above and turn off your sensors

For reference in case it happens to anyone else;    When I hit “enter’ my pen block would travel to the right at normal speed, then to the left at a slower speed, hit the side wall, and stop. 

Turns out it was a bent push roller sensor.

Pushed for time, I finally gave up and took my cutter to Advanced Plastics in Nashville. Dennis was great. Checked it out and repaired it so that I could bring it home yesterday evening. No need to make another 3 hour round trip to pick it back up next week. 

Hopefully, this info can help someone else who’s ready to pull their hair out. 

Thanks to all who post their problems/resolutions in this forum, you guys have helped me much in the past. Thanks, Dakotagrafx, for fast responses. 

• Like 1