Sign in to follow this  
efimage

My first Tee Shirts

This was my first time using easyweed and it really was easy to weed. I made these last night for my family and a friend for our sail clubs annual picnic and regatta at the local lake today. It took me some time to convert the drawing I found of my boat to a vector but I am happy with the results for my first attempt. The pics are a little blurly it was late and I was tired when I took them

20140628_010200.jpg20140628_010321.jpg20140628_010306.jpg

• Like 4

You did a good job...the boat looks just fine.

Easy weed really IS easy.  

I just wonder if it holds up as long as the heavier ThermoPlus.

Now you're hooked on the t-shirt fun.......

and wait till your friends find out you can do this!

Sue2

• Like 1

Nice shirts

But you might what to spell check your title, people might think you're talking about something else :blink:

Fixed. Thanks

Nice shirts

But you might what to sp

ell check your title, people might think you're talking about something else :blink:

QUOTE> " Easy weed really IS easy.  I just wonder if it holds up as long as the heavier ThermoPlus."

I have shirts I pressed with Easy Weed over 2 years ago and they are fine but, who wants HEAVIER on their shirts?

QUOTE> " Easy weed really IS easy.  I just wonder if it holds up as long as the heavier ThermoPlus."

I have shirts I pressed with Easy Weed over 2 years ago and they are fine but, who wants HEAVIER on their shirts?

I agreee for the general occasional wear shirt.

BUT, I have a couple of garages and window washers that wear their shirts every day and wash them frequently.

The window washer even bleaches his shirts to get the grime out of the fabric.

They don't care how heavy the imprint vinyl is....they want it to last through washing after washing and still look good.

I've switched over to Easyweed because it saves me time doing the weeding on intricate logos.

I'm watching my window washers shirts now to see how it holds up.

Sue2

• Like 1

QUOTE> "they want it to last through washing after washing and still look good."

Then you won't go wrong with Easy Weed... Thicker has little to nothing to do with it.

Be sure and use plenty of pressure when pressing.

isn't it the bonding process that makes the vinyl? However I made a shirt for my nephew and he wears it a lot and so far its holding up been a couple of months now.

Yes, but as the fabric ages, the fiber is gonna break down and the actual fibers the HTV is adhered to will eventually

break away and the vinyl will loosen. More (correct) pressure impregnates the adhesive deeper in the threads.

Yes, but as the fabric ages, the fiber is gonna break down and the actual fibers the HTV is adhered to will eventually

break away and the vinyl will loosen. More (correct) pressure impregnates the adhesive deeper in the threads.

I usually tell my customers that the vinyl will outlast the shirt...

My window washer's first shirts were screen printed and the ink didn't

hold up to the constant washing & bleaching.  The black faded to a charcoal grey.

So, he came to me for heat press.....

So far the vinyl still has good color and has outlasted the fabric of the shirts...

The actual shirt fabric colors don't hold up well with all the bleaching.

Sue2

• Like 1

Thanks everybody.  It was fun making them.  I am going to have to pick up some more HTV now and open figure out where to get shirts.  We just ran out to walmart for these but if i am going to be doing any more I need get a better supplier.