Sign in to follow this  
mfatty500

Sawgrass update

Do not install the Sawgrass update they offer it simply does not work, you errors out the yazoo, they have some major bugs as far as I'm concerned for the ricoh 3110. 

• Like 1

Actually had quite the chat with them this week - the powerdriver for the 3110 does not work with windows 7 64 bit home premium - had to install the older 3.06 version on a xp machine to get it to work.  they claim the drivers work with higher versions of windows 7 but must be a clean install and not an upgrade - I said you have to be kidding me you want me to reload my entire computer that works with every other software to make your driver work?   that is when I put it on the xp machine and called it good for now.  so i agree they have issues.  now the power driver for the gx7000 works great on the windows 7 home primium . . . . they claimed they have explored this with microsoft but haven't got a solution yet

• Like 1

Funny I have the older 3300 running on 8.1. Had a couple hiccups during install but it works without trouble. Now my corel x3, that's a different story altogether and it hates 8 and 8.1. Crashes all the time.

Good, I'm glad its not just me. one major annoyance is that it wont pull the sheet size from the driver presets anymore. Especially when you had all your presets ready to go for everything you print, and now every time you print, you have to manually re-select everything.  :angry:    Ill be rolling back this driver.

I formated my pc about a week ago and just yesterday i was installing all my printers and getting eveything installed. 

When i went to install the power driver, i noticed it looked a little different! but I have Windows 7 64 bit and all the updates installed.. and i got the power driver to work just fine! that i can see .. 

... the powerdriver for the 3110 does not work with windows 7 64 bit home premium...

What are the symptoms?  Does it just fail and not print at all or is there odd behavior like what SeeJay describes?  I'll be installing my 3110 in a week or so and am running Windows 7 64, not sure which version though.

What are the symptoms?  Does it just fail and not print at all or is there odd behavior like what SeeJay describes?  I'll be installing my 3110 in a week or so and am running Windows 7 64, not sure which version though.

even though the print driver from ricoh is installed the powerdriver won't complete the install saying the print driver cannot be installed.  they actually had the guts to send a survey today asking about my experience with their support . . . they got their answers!

Thanks for the info dakota...I guess I'll take an old laptop, through XP on it, and use that to print from.  That would give me flexability on where I put the printer anyway.

Glad I found this out now before I start messing with it.  Since I just bought the printer from Conde and they offer free tech support where they will log into your computer and set the printer up maybe I should let them try installing on my Win 7 machine and see what happens for them.

With Xp you have to download the version 3.06 I think it was. . . The ver 4 (which actually looks look ver 2 when downloaded) doesn't work with Xp. I LOVE the power driver but this one is just Fubar

Just had them try to install remotely, no go had to go back to the old power driver (not 4) while they check it out as to why it would not install on my system. In the same breath the gal said, "nahh we haven't had any problems with it"

"nahh we haven't had any problems with it"

Love an honest answer, not LOL

i have had no problems with the new powerdriver.. 

What version of Win 7 are you running?  I wonder if it matters if you are running Home, Basic, Professional etc...  Was it an upgrade install or full version install?  Sounds like a clean install which Dakotagrafx said he was told it needs to be in order to work.

I haven't had any issues either I have windows 7 professional

basically on the 3110 you have to go with a higher version of 7 than home premium or use the older power driver with xp . . . when I build a new system later this year it will have a higher version on it from the start  - shouldn't need to but will

I am using Ultimate

by what they told me it should work then as long as it wasn't originally installed as home premium then upgraded - the higher version has to be installed that way from the beginning

Nope, all brand spankin new. I did have new color sure palette and all the new goodies installed but it would not print, I removed it, then when the tech tried to install it, it would not install.

they said pro and ultimate work fine it is only the home premium

Good to know, I can work with this.