Sign in to follow this  
tazzdog

need help please,

i'm looking for the forum on how to do this..i have a background of  swirls and I'm trying to put a border/frame with the word pantry inside of the frame/over the swirls. I'm wanting to put the frame over the background swirls, but have no swirls show thru.. i have been googling the punch, weld buttons, but cant figure it out. can someone tell me where in the forums they have instructions on how to do this/

thank you,   this is my third day of figuring it out.  i'm sandsblasting my glass. i attached a picture,so you can see what i'm trying to do.

Doc1.pdf

I may not understand you correctly and Have never used SB but (in Inkscape) it sounds like you need to

duplicate your frame, then Combine then Union (weld)  to create a mat of your frame shape.

Then you can use that to stamp out a section of your swirls and add your frame and text back over it.

It's none of my business but you've got way too much going on inside that frame with the

art deco frame, the swirls, and that script. But to each, their own.

Make a rectangle the size of your frame. Make sure the rectangle is arranged on top of the swirls. Select the rectangle and the swirls. Arrange + Weld + Punch Through. Delete the rectangle.

It will cut the rectangle out of the swirls.

If you want it the exact shape of the frame, you can duplicate the frame then use Arrange + Split Objects. This will seperate the cutout from the frame making it two objects instead of one. Use the back part of the frame to "Punch Through" the swirls.

yes,I was trying to get the swirls out of the box area.. I used the punch out, but it didn't work. thank you for your info. I ended up doing two different  cuts, then weeded out the swirls first in the box, then applied my next "rect. pantry  stencil over it.. it took forever, but had to get it finished,.i will play around with what you said, so I know for next time:)