Sign in to follow this  
julie77

Graphtec Settings - see photo

Just wanted to do an update on this thread.   Thanks jmas for posting your settings.  They were pretty darn close to what I have,  and I really appreciate that you took the time to post them.  I am still getting the same cut quality issues.  I have been on the phone on and off the past 2 days with Graphtec and after checking my settings remotely and doing a bunch of other stuff they are saying that its most likely the blade holder is faulty.   Since the machine is brand new and only a few weeks old, Graphtec is sending me a new blade holder - should be here tomorrow :)    Hopefully this fixes the issue.  The machine is pretty damn sweet other than these flaws in the cuts.

That's good news but you never said if you tried any of the suggestions given to you especially the blade?

I actually take a 10x loupe and look at the tip because its so small it can appear its fine but it's broke ...

Hang in there you will get it ....

from Skeeter

Have you taken a good look at your blade, to make sure you have not broken the tip off? It wouldn't hurt to try a new blade also.

To lazy to re-read all of the posts, but did you make sure the blade carriage holder is tight?

Any Updates ?  I actually just noticed the same exact problem today and started checking some stuff I cut 3 weeks ago when I got the cutter and they all have those "prick" marks in the curves.  I tried adjusting everything mentioned and then some.  This also happens in Graphtecs software and VinylMaster PRO. I cleaned the blade and blade holder. The only thing i did not do was put oil in there.

I am assuming it is either something wrong with the blade or blade holder. This is annoying

Any Updates ?  I actually just noticed the same exact problem today and started checking some stuff I cut 3 weeks ago when I got the cutter and they all have those "prick" marks in the curves.  I tried adjusting everything mentioned and then some.  This also happens in Graphtecs software and VinylMaster PRO. I cleaned the blade and blade holder. The only thing i did not do was put oil in there.

I am assuming it is either something wrong with the blade or blade holder. This is annoying

She got a new blade holder and blade from Graphtec.   Still same problem... I gave her all the info I could think of...June 30th,  including to download the Graphtec Cutting Controller, and run settings from there,,  and Initial blade position> OUTSIDE...That is in tool settings..  My Graphtec is not a 6000.. How to adjust her blade correctly..  Have not heard any more from her...  I hope she got it..  ;D

Hey MZ Skeeter.  I am running Graphtec Cutting Controller and I just changed the setting to outside. No luck :( .

I am going to try to cut on some 631 later tonight to see anything changes.  I will also play around with the blade settings.

Any other suggestions?  What sucks is I went with a good cutter to avoid any issues I have read about in the lower end models and here I am with issues.

Have you tried any other cutting software?  If not I would give Signblazer (free) a try and see what happens ...

Hey MZ Skeeter.  I am running Graphtec Cutting Controller and I just changed the setting to outside. No luck :( .

I am going to try to cut on some 631 later tonight to see anything changes.  I will also play around with the blade settings.

Any other suggestions?  What sucks is I went with a good cutter to avoid any issues I have read about in the lower end models and here I am with issues.

Does it make an extra mark when using the pen?  Or any other problem with pen.?. Just curious...  I also told her to try different software, Like Signblazer, and Use Copam 2500 as the cutter/driver,  Cutter command must be on HP-GL.  for anything other than Graphtec software.  .  I gave her the link from UScutter.com website download.  Just to see if it made a difference... 

Have you read my 3000th blade settings posts?  Or do I need to go 3001?  As someone on here said "I  REALLY needed to get a life" for posting it so much..  OF COURSE they have no clue that the wrong directions are in the set up instructions and video, that every new buyer gets....So, I try and help out, because some people don't do searches on here,  they just come and want answers to their problems...  But I will post it 3001, if you need it...  LOL    of course.  3000 is an inflated number, but YES, I have posted it a lot... :lol:

I will try the pen later tonight see what happens. It does the same mark  in VinylMaster Pro.

Check this out.  I ran the same file with the pen and the marks match exactly. It looks like that the start and end point are slightly off.attached a few pics.  At lead I can rule out the blade and blade holder.   Any ideas how to correct this?

post-86774-0-37747000-1404516958_thumb.j

post-86774-0-95028300-1404517002_thumb.j

Well,,, that changes things doesn't it.??..  :huh:  Kinda wondered on that.... Post your file...And  possibly try Signblazer  or Trial  version of Signcut..   She said SCALP was worse.   She couldn't even make circle look like a circle..  I asked her to post files, she never would... I couldn't get answers back out of her.  Or here on the forum.. Can't help if you don't know if they are even doing, what your telling them...

First try Factory reset.   Turn off cutter,  Turn back on, while holding down the UP arrow.   

It is just text typed into Graphtec Studio. I tried attaching the gstudio file but the forum would not let me. 

Looking at the test file i did in VinylMaster pro it looks worse also I will download the demo of signcut later tonight and try it.

I am also going to try another computer I am running on win 7 pro. I am going to load the drivers up on my wife's Macbook pro and give it a shot tonight

I actually did a factor reset yesterday.  I was having issue upgradig the firmware. looking at my old files I had this issue since day one

Well  If you look at the guys Graphtec Studio photo ABOVE POSTS   it shows X Y both Zeros..    In my Graphtec screen window , which is a bit different than yours.  I went to my Menu> AREA PAREMETERS> AREA,  SET LOWER LEFT DEFAULT   AND IT SHOWED X Y BOTH  000 INCHES...   Maybe that is it...

Mine are all zeros.   I am running out for a little but when I get back I am going to try another computer.  Maybe it is a driver issue

Mz SKEETER  Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

I installed Graphtec studio on the  Mac and did a factory reset on the cutter and I am still getting the same marks when using the pen with my test file and a new file I tried.

I just want to confirm when I am using the pen I should not see the start and end points for each path correct.  I slowed the cutter down to 2 on the Mac  while it did look better I can still see some overlapping ( see pic)

I think at this point I have exhausted all options of fixing this issue myself.  I am going to have to call Graphtec or USCutter on Monday.  It is just frustrating. I have a few rider signs to get out for Monday. I am sure they will not notice the miscuts but still.

I will follow up on this thread when I have a resolution for anybody experiencing the same issue

Thanks again

post-86774-0-98062200-1404525785_thumb.j

You both used Graphtec Studio, and you both had the same problem... Did you ever try it with a different cutting software?.  You have it on a Mac,  You could try Signcut trial...  Or go back to the other computer and try Signblazer....

I was originally using Adobe Illustrator and sending to Cutting Master 3 basically the same thing as Graphtec Studio when I first noticed the problem. It also showed up in VinylMaster Pro and this morning I downloaded SignBlazer and the same thing is happening. I think we can rule out Software, Operating system, Blade and blade holder. At this point I am thinking there is something wrong with the cutter itself.  I am going to call USCUtter first since it is only 3 weeks old and go from there.  Does anybody know how there support department is?  I do not want to send it in since it is pretty much brand new. I would hope for an exchange after some more trouble shooting. But I do not know what they can do that was already not checked. 

I was originally using Adobe Illustrator and sending to Cutting Master 3 basically the same thing as Graphtec Studio when I first noticed the problem. It also showed up in VinylMaster Pro and this morning I downloaded SignBlazer and the same thing is happening. I think we can rule out Software, Operating system, Blade and blade holder. At this point I am thinking there is something wrong with the cutter itself.  I am going to call USCUtter first since it is only 3 weeks old and go from there.  Does anybody know how there support department is?  I do not want to send it in since it is pretty much brand new. I would hope for an exchange after some more trouble shooting. But I do not know what they can do that was already not checked. 

Graphtec is your warranty and tech support.. No matter who you buy it from..  Julie77 called them. ...  You can try UScutter first,,  But your warranty is with Graphtec....