Sign in to follow this  
julie77

Graphtec Settings - see photo

I just purchased the Graphtec 6000 - and I LOVE IT!     I have all the settings dialed in pretty good I think, except I can't seem to get rid of these "pick marks" or whatever you call them on the curved part of letters.  They are like tiny cut marks into the letter...

Please if you know what setting to adjust to get rid of these I would appreciate any help. \

Thanks a lot !

post-69902-0-22304500-1402358524_thumb.j

Look at it in wire frame and see if there is a stray node?  Also make sure the offset is set at zero in your cut program ...

• Like 1

mr300s is right...I used to get the same thing until I set my offset to zero.  It will probably make for a slower cutting process, but you can always increase the actual speed.

If you're using Cutting Master 3, you'll find it under the cut window, tool setting, offset angle.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, the offset is actually set at zero already...  As for the nodes, everything looks great in wire frame, no stray ones or anything crazy going on..   This is with everything I cut that has a curve.   :(  Using the software that came with the Graphtec

Thanks everyone, the offset is actually set at zero already...  As for the nodes, everything looks great in wire frame, no stray ones or anything crazy going on..   This is with everything I cut that has a curve.   :(  Using the software that came with the Graphtec

as in cutmaster from graphtec or scalp that usc ships with them - sw ships ve-lxi with theirs and beacon ships ultraflex with theirs - so we really still don't know what software you are using   :-\

Can you post the file?   and have you tried any other program such as Sign Blazer its free?

Check your blade. I had a blade that was still very sharp and did this. The blades shaft was bent slightly and would cause issues when cutting circles. I changed the seemingly good blade and it fixed the problem. Maybe it will work for you.

I don't know about other curves but isn't that the start and end point for that stroke?  maybe you need some overcut to clean up the start stop path?

also make sure there is no slop in the carrige and blade holder, causing erratic movement.

Ok seriously, can someone tell me what the blade offset settings should be at ?  I have seriously  tried everything, this is a brand new machine and I cant get these settings figured out.  I feel like I have just about had it with it.

all of my graphtecs have had the offset set at 0, not sure anyone on here uses studio to plot with so maybe have to call graphtec to ask them . . . I am a flexipro user for all cutters . . . .never played with studio and just had to look and seen they are offering it for the bigger cutters. used to be it was just used for the hobby cutters so unsure of it's capablities

Look at it in wire frame and see if there is a stray node?  Also make sure the offset is set at zero in your cut program ...
  • Like 1

I have seriously  tried everything, this is a brand new machine and I cant get these settings figured out.  I feel like I have just about had it with it.

Believe it or not a LOT of us were right there where you are at right now. Very frustrating at first because it seems like too much to deal with. Just relax and think some happy thoughts and it will all work out and you will be in my spot one day calming someone else. Be patient and keep at it and it will all add to your experience. 

Now for help: Go back to basics (which I realize are all new to you) Start by double checking blade depth, If you are unsure about this just do a fresh search and ignore anything that says 1/2 of a credit card. Mz Skeeter has posted the best way about 10,000 time so you should be able to find it here on the forum. 

After blade depth look everything over from top to bottom and try to see if anything is slightly loose. Things to check include the blade holder and clamp, the carriage which is the part that scoots across the top beam (check that all the rollers are in place and seem tight, check the drive shaft which has the grit/traction rollers (with the machine off rotate the shaft with your fingers to be sure one section or another isn't loose. There is only so much you can see but you would be surprised at how many times people find that the blade holder is loose or a roller is off on the back of the carriage. 

Next be double certain that the pinch rollers are over the gritty traction part of the shaft. Your cuts didn't look that far off so I doubt that is your problem but it needs mentioning. 

If all these things look OK then you will need to go through your settings within the software. I do not own a Graphtec  but they are one of the top brands so you can rest assured that the problem will be corrected one way or another and it's not normal. 

For the actual machine set-up you should have some literature with your machine to work through it. If you don't find what you are looking for with the manual you may have to get with tech support. If you bought the machine through USCutter they will totally help you out and there is a specific thread for Graptec machines that may have some pertinent info also. 

I don't know if I helped you much but hopefully you can figure it out. That looks like an offset issue or possible over-cut if it wasn't one of the other physical issues. 

• Like 1

Thanks wild goose, but I am about 2 seconds away from throwing it out the window.  I have tried everything for 2 weeks now night and day and have lost work over this.  No income for 2 weeks is hurting !

I just can't believe there is no one here that can post their settings that has a Graphtec.  I bought this from Joto so I can't call uscutter for support.  And joto has NO support dispite telling me otherwise when I bought the thing. 

I am ready to box the thing up and send it back.  OVer $2000 and all I got a stress !

Your cutter, no matter where you buy it from, is under warranty with tech support; from Graphtec.; So what has Graphtec tech support told you the past 2 weeks, seeing as how you have stated, "You have tried everything" There are no set in stone settings per machine, each machine can vary on settings and also because of drivers,blade depth, cutting software and vinyl being used..  I sent you PMs telling you to post your files. it was stated above also. I don't see where you have posted any files, to rule out bad files. I also suggested that you try a different cutting software, to rule out cutting software. Did you do that? Signblazer is FREE and you can try the Signcut trial for a week.; You probably also got ScalpPro3 with your Copam, if you purchased it new. If so what were the results?; .I don't know of anyone else on here that uses Graphtec Studio as a cutting software.; Also have you tried to do a factory reset?; Hold down the UP arrow while turning on the POWER button puts your cutter back to factory settings..; I also gave you the correct instructions on how to set the blade depth correctly You should just barely see the tip of the blade... Like Wildgoose mentioned it is posted here too many times to count. Is your blade spinning freely in the blade holder? What speed are you running the cutter at?I always run slow, never over 5-6. speed, Great cuts.; I cut small text even slower..Some people run very fast. I prefer slower. Have you taken a good look at your blade, to make sure you have not broken the tip off? It wouldn't hurt to try a new blade also. There is always a learning transition with every new machine purchased, take time to learn the machine before taking any orders. Keep using your Copam until you feel comfortable using the Graphtec. Always, make sure you have enough vinyl loose from the roll to do the order. Never be pulling directly from a roll while cutting. Prefeed your vinyl, then it will be slack behind the cutter. And while your waiting, for answers, why don't you post the screen shots of your settings, So we can see if you have a problem... . If your using the Graphtec Cutting Controller,(which I love) you can take a screen shots of it.That has some of your settings on it. And what happens when you use the pen on paper? Does it still go into the letters, like in your photo?

• Like 4

skeeter hit it right on the head - graphtec actually prefers to do their own tech support - I know a while back even if you bought it from usc you was to call graphtec

I am about 2 seconds away from throwing it out the window.

What's your address? I'll be there to catch it!

I have a Graphtec at work with Graphtec Studio. I'll try to post the settings tomorrow.

Have you checked that Tangential Mode (a.k.a. overcut) is off?

• Like 2

Thanks jmas,  I'll check back tomorrow for the settings.  I will try to refrain from throwing it in the meantime.  (Good thing its bolted down to the stand right now, makes it a bit awkward to get through a window)

Ok, I don't know if there's anything in here that will help but here are my settings.

post-29371-0-24275600-1403138652_thumb.j

just downloaded graphtec studio tonight and played with it for 20 minutes, gotta admit I like it already better than scalp but it is still hard not having all the functions of flexipro - but for free I am totally impressed and love all the cutter settings!

It's probably missing a lot of features that a sign company might need, but it's pretty slick. Have you tried the tracing or node editing? They seem excellent to me, but I don't have any of the other professional software. The proprietary file format is a huge downside though.

It's probably missing a lot of features that a sign company might need, but it's pretty slick. Have you tried the tracing or node editing? They seem excellent to me, but I don't have any of the other professional software. The proprietary file format is a huge downside though.

I agree but wasn't able to see what it would export to as my design computer is up stairs and the cutter is downstairs on a dedicated computer . . . .node editing seamed good, didn't try the trace and couldn't find a way to separate or delete a shadow once added in the short time i played with it.  seams like a good choice for starter software though. I was pleasantly surprised

The only thing it will export to is a ".gstudio" file which is a project file that saves all the work you've done including size and layout etc and can only be read by Graphtec Studio.