Sign in to follow this  
KeystoneChuck

SignBlazer vs Sure Cuts A Lot Pro

Looking for opinions, pros and cons of the Sure Cuts A Lot vs SignBlazer. I have been using SignBlazer with my Creations PCut for 6 years now. I am extremly proficient at using this software (first and only cutter software I tried/used) Only thing that sucks is on the start-up of SignBlazer going through the "Trial Counter" I'm up to 800 or so for the counter so it takes a while to get started. I was considering buying a new cutter but the new software it comes with has me flip flopping. The thing that really bothers me is I get these women who look at my decals and say "oh you got a Cricut? So do we, do you use Sure Cuts A Lot?". I guess where the problem comes, is the Sure Cuts A Lot "watered down program" so crafty people can use it also. I've done some amazing things with my program that my buddy who has a Roland with their software cannot figure out how to do. Also my big big problem is the learning curve time. I sell at a mall and my turn around time is one week for custom items. I don't want to be sitting there trying to figure out how it works for days when I was cuttting with the SignBlazer the same night. Rent ain't cheap at the mall so I have to move a lot of product with no hiccups.

keep on using the signblazer  - it is still the best free program going - scalp was designed for cricut people to use until a lawsuit stopped that - to save the company they added other cutter support and sell it to usc to give away with new cutters - INHO still not ready for prime time and adding pro to the end of sure cuts a lot didn't make it a pro program . . . Just my 2c.  tried scalp twice and didn't dig it

• Like 1

Do you know one if there is any way to get rid of the count down timer in the beginning? And two do you think I could use my current SignBlazer with a new machine. I didn't know if there were registration problems or not. Thanks for the $.02.

several links on here to get rid of the nag screen - I even think the one that usc has on the site now doesnt have it but am sure someone will post the link soon - on the new cutter most have made it work with graphtecs, rolands, titans etc.   

• Like 1

Several points to cover in this topic --

1. The USCUTTER support download link above (mb20music kindly provided) is indeed the best way to get the SBE program that runs without Registration and Trial nags.

2. If you do decide to buy a new cutter (such as the TitanII servo motor) it will run using SignBlazer with a Copam Cp2500 driver.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/44961-signblazer-and-titen-2/#entry360608

3. The SBE Library of cuttable graphics (in the Draw menu) is probably the feature that many overlook, but it's always providing me with some item or another (it even has a barber pole; and a pig; and a skull & crossbones; and praying hands; etc. etc. etc.)

4. At the mall, you can expand your business with SBE by offering funny road signs -- yes, the Library has many of the standard templates for road signs, and you can add clever phrases and make them humorous. Try doing it, you'll see what I mean!!!

post-21408-0-91066700-1401953748_thumb.j

• Like 1

So since this program sounds like a huge flop does anybody know what cutters that US Cutter offers that work with illustrator for cutting?

titan can, graphtec and roland -  you have to have a higher end cutter with true usb I think and not the cheap emulator chips in the value cutters,

ps it isn't a flop so to speak  - just anyone that uses real sign software tend to not like it

So since this program sounds like a huge flop does anybody know what cutters that US Cutter offers that work with illustrator for cutting?

Illustrator is just a design program. There are plug-ins from several cutting programs that will allow you to cut FROM illustrator but they are basically a shortcut to the actual cutting software. If you can design in Illy then you can just use SCALP as a cutting tool and it isn't completely worthless in that regard. There are several other cutting options. Flexi, SignCut (what I use) Signblazer, old but still handy if you have an older computer to run it. 

• Like 1

FYI  - SB runs great on Win 8 and Win 8.1

Running it on my laptop with Win 8.1 driving a Titan 2 ---- the combo runs great toghether!!!

FYI  - SB runs great on Win 8 and Win 8.1

Running it on my laptop with Win 8.1 driving a Titan 2 ---- the combo runs great toghether!!!

that is a testament of how well that software was designed to run well 7 years after last updates were made on os that wasn't even thought of back then!

im having an issue designing on SB and opening it in SCALP to cut.  any tricks to doing this.

Why would you not just cut from SBE and avoid this issue?

• Like 1