julie77

Best Cutter for small Business

Looking to replace my copam 2500 that i've had for about 3 months now.  The setup with this copam is just too time consuming and seems like it constantly needs tweaked for it to cut properly.  Owned a mastercraft before this one, and never had issues with it like i do the copam.

Anyways,  need some advice on which brand or cutter to go with.  Needs to be quick, with clean crisp cuts.  NO junk cutters .. have a small business and need something dependable.

Was thinking the Graphtek ... any suggestions ?

I ran a small sign shop with an MH 30" and a cheap laptop with WinXP.

No issues, made tons of banners, yard signs, A-Frames, parking signs, window decals, etc.

Graphtec, the CE6000 is good, or get the much more expensive FC8600 if you can afford it.

Or another option is you can get a used Graphtec a few years old and save some cash. Of course you do take a risk when buying anything used, but Graphtecs are very solid and very dependable. Check eBay or Craigslist for a CE5000 or FC7000 or FC8000. I wouldn't get anything older than those.

Uscutter has the ce5000 on ebay right now for 1250. The same cutter most old timers I know use.

Thanks, I was actually looking at the CE6000 and the CE5000-60 ?  Which is the newer model of the 2 ?  Also, I'm in canada so the one on ebay would probably cost alot in duty fee's to get it across the border..

Also, looking at the Roland 6X24 ,  anyone have any thoughts on Roland to the Graphtecs ?

6000 is newer - performance is the same.   graphtec does finer detail better and roland finds contour marks better if printing and cutting.   I have had at least 3 ce5000-60 and 2 or 3 gx-24's

i use a summa d160se opus and its great alround, would deffo recommend...

So for those who own the Graphtec, quality wise does it do nice clean crisp cuts with no jaggedness and does it need to be fine tuned often?  Seems like the copam needs constant adjusting to get half decent cuts - and even then they are jagged.

Also, can you use SCAL with it ? 

Graphtec is a set it and forget it machine. Unless changing material I never touch my setting and it will work with scalp but scalp disables many of the features. I would recommend getting a copy of flexi starter to cut from.

• Like 1

I have the newer Graphtec 6000-60 and absolutely love it.  I use Cutting Master Plug-in out of Illy for it and LOVE that plugin. 

Never had a problem with the ARMS system (contour cut registration finding).  Well,,, after i read the instructions anyway.

Clean, fast, quiet, tracks good.  My last cutter didn't track so hot so this is a great improvement.

The time I've saved on the 'little things' with the Graphtec made it worth every penny.

Never have to mess with the graphtec unless changing (way different) materials like jay said. Can do the finest detail of any plotter I have used and I have used a lot of them. Can't compare it to a summa as that is one I haven't tried but I have never had a problem with one

Just an update - I ordered the Graphtec 6000-60 and I'll have it Tuesday - Yayyyyyyyy :)   After all the great feedback on the Graphtec, I was convinced it was the best machine to get :)

Looking closely at it, the blade looks like it has a spring it??  Is there a link someone can send me to which blades to purchase that go with this machine ?  Looking for 45 degree angle blades to cut normal Oracal vinyl.

Call ross at clesncut and get the 60 degree blades. It is what I use in all my holders and machines. Mention the forum when ordering for a discount. On the 6000 the spring is built in the holder and no longer separate

I just ordered some from him a few weeks ago and got 5 60* blades.

And yes mention you are a uscutter forum member for a discount.

They are great blades!

• Like 1

I ordered the cleancut blade and love it. ordering a 60* soon.

• Like 1