I am currently using a 6 year old 24" LaserPoint that is a work horse - this thing just keeps going and going, but when it comes to small fine detal it's not the most accurate.

I have been looking at upgrading for a LONG time and today I finally pulled the trigger. I jsut ordered a 28" Titan 2.

One of the main reasons I decided on this unit was because of the reviews bo Banner John - I trust and respect him.

I will try to keep everyone updated.

• Like 1

I have had mine for about a week now. So far so good. A few hiccups but they were all user error.

I do a lot of smaller text based stuff which requires some intricate cuts and its working fine. All of the settings worked right out of the box and haven't had to really make any adjustments. I slowed the speed down which was set to the max to start with, but that was just to be on the safe side. This is my first machine so I am by no means a pro at it. If I can get it to do what I need it to, im sure it will work for people who have experience operating them. 

Congrats! The $200 off email from USCutter this morning made me look into buying one.

2 months now since I bought mine and I love it more every day. With the $200 off, now is the time to buy if anyone has been considering it.

• Like 2

Just to clairy the $200 off is on the titan with the stepper motor - not the titan2 with the servo motor like John has and I had

Just to clairy the $200 off is on the titan with the stepper motor - not the titan2 with the servo motor like John has and I had

You sure about that? I can get all the way to input credit card info with the $1095 price.

Capture_zps22150029.jpg

Looks like somebody forgot to change the add ons for that page. Page for the Titan2 says no discount. BUT if that's what they charge then that's what they charge. I'd go for it. It's not the first time that the web master did something like that. But better hurry before they realize it

• Like 2

Definitely jump on it as the title line says titan but has the drop down for titan2 that is actually listed by itself for more . . . like john said not the first time a mistake was made and almost every time they honor the mistake

USCUTTER lists the Titan II for $1295. on the page dedicated to that model (II) but if you are viewing the regular Titan model page, that's where it's possible to select the option for choosing Titan II and the $200 discount will apply there. (It's weird that the Titan II is listed within the standard Titan ordering page)

In any case, this is a great offer, even though it may be a "glitch" !!!

Edited by slice&dice

actually it is still there - just select the titan and on the drop down the option for the titan2 is there for the reduced price

I didn't get the $200 off, but tha's fine.

I'm still waiting and checking the tracking info each day - getting excited - it's supposed to be here tomorrow, so guess what I'm doing this weekend.

• Like 1

They had a mess last year with the LP2 and a rhinestone kit. By the time we got it all sorted out they gave me the 31" cutter (less the rhinestone kit) for $299 to make it right. Great company and honorable which is how I was raised. A handshake is still a contract and they did right by me.

• Like 1

Still, seems pricey compared to the other Chinese cutters...

Perhaps the Titan 2 will set a new standard and other Chinese Cutters Manufacturers will

create more middle of the road cutters with servo motors?

I probably wouldn't have upgraded if my Lylu TC had Servos... and wasn't discontinued.

Got my machine today - it is SOoooooooooooooo quiet!!!!!

Only problem is - I wish I could get it to work with SignBlazer!

I'm not a fan of SCALP.

I did all my designing and cutting from SB for the last 5 years - I really don't want to have to convert all my files and learn someting new.

• Like 2

that one I didn't conquer - I used flexi with it  but not sb,  I also cut directly from corel but they need to add english measurements in the  next revisions of the drivers

Nevermind - I found the correct setting and now it's is working with SB!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!

• Like 2

Here is a screen shot of my settings

I may need to do a bit of tweeking, but it is cutting

Hope this helps

post-1550-0-11872100-1400329173_thumb.jp

• Like 1

the first thing I did was install the USB drivers for the titen2 and tested it with SCALP - once I knew that was working I started playing with settings in SB and this was the combo I came up with that started cutting.

Sometimes I'd rather be lucky them good B)

• Like 1

I'm just starting to work for a friend cutting vinyl, and have a Titan 2 on the way. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long the USB cable that's included is. My workspace limits my setup options, and I might need a cable as long as 13-15 feet, depending on how the Titan sets up. 

I'm just starting to work for a friend cutting vinyl, and have a Titan 2 on the way. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long the USB cable that's included is. My workspace limits my setup options, and I might need a cable as long as 13-15 feet, depending on how the Titan sets up. 

I can not speak for the titan but this cable has worked great with my Graphtec.  It's 16'.  Its a good deal if you have Amazon Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-USB-2-0-High-Speed-Gold-Plated/dp/B001MSZBNA/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1412786951&sr=1-10

• Like 1

Perfect. I'm just going to preemptively order that sucker. I love Prime shipping. Should show up the same day as my cutter, if I'm lucky! =) 

• Like 1

there are some who will say that a longer USB will affect performance. I've been using 15 foot USB for years.

The one that comes with the cutter I think is 5 feet but I could be wrong. Certainly not long enough for you.

• Like 1

there are some who will say that a longer USB will affect performance. I've been using 15 foot USB for years.

The one that comes with the cutter I think is 5 feet but I could be wrong. Certainly not long enough for you.

I could see having problems with the cutters equipped with the cheap emulation chips.  My CE6000-60 came with a 10ft usb cable, and the 16' has worked great as far as i can tell.

I did start having issues a few days ago with the Graphtec loosing pressure as it cuts.  Cutting strip was good, blades and blade holder good, cutter resets did not fix issue.  I didn't think about the longer cable possibly being the problem...  Thanks for reminding me, if it happens again i will definitely check that off the troubleshooting list next time.

I had to break down and borrow a Windows laptop to update my cutters firmware and that seemed to fix the issue.

Windows 8.... that was an entirely different can of worms....

• Like 1