Hello, looking Titan 2 owners - what is your impression, concerns, advice

Thanks

I wish it had the Auto Registration for contour cutting though.

There may be a version in the future with that, but the next cutter with auto is $1750. . . $550 more than the titan2 goes for on ebay

.I have the Titan2 and LOVE it! No problems, no concerns. After 2 months, haven't had a single problem. Solid,reliable, and affordable.

• Like 2

Is the Titan 2 worth the $55 between that and the Graphtec CE5000?

I know your getting  SCALP and a media basket, but i would think the Graphtec would be better. You can always buy Flexistarter for about $150.00 on EBAY.

If I'm not mistaken the CE5000 also comes with ARMS.

• Like 1

I love my Titan 2.  Great machine.  However I would like an other option than SCALP (no issues with it though)

I love my Titan 2.  Great machine.  However I would like an other option than SCALP (no issues with it though)

Scalp sucks - get flexistarter to cut from - design in inkscape, corel AI etc then just sent the files thru flexistarter.     I did some testing cutting directly from coreldraw and for the most part it worked well.  parts still being worked on is getting the units to be changeable to american and not metric.    other issue was at ;east on flexi the carriage was not returning to the proper side after cutting and you had to tell it where to to, then reset the origin.   It was working fine if you told it to return to origin after cut but who wants it to do that - I want to to be at the end where I can just cut off the graphic.    the titan2 has great motors and controllers that is heads above the other Chinese units I have used.  I defiantly put it in the pro class.  although right now the version has manual contour cutting I have heard from a birdie that a auto version is working it's way down the pipe.  not sure on cost but if it works like the Roland that would be  awesome/

• Like 1

the price difference on the 5000's is rocketing back up as the surplus units have been sold off, I am sure some refurbed units might appear hear and there but shortly it will be the 6000 as the only game in town in that category for graphtec.    The Rolan GX-24 is a fine unit and the auto registration mark system is best bar none but it is gettign a little long in the tooth so betting you will see an upgraded version there not to far down the line

So far so good with mine. I had one issue where the cutter skipped some parts of logos (that it wouldn't normally skip) as it moved from right to left. Then, when it came back to finish them, it was off by about an inch and a half horizontally. It wasn't a huge job so it didn't hurt. I shut the cutter off, restarted SCALP and it worked when I did the second run. 

I am new to vinyl cutting so I don't know all the ins and outs of it but it would be nice to get some more information on the Titan 2 (what experienced users think). I kind of took a leap of faith when I bought it since there isn't alot on here yet. 

So far so good with mine. I had one issue where the cutter skipped some parts of logos (that it wouldn't normally skip) as it moved from right to left. Then, when it came back to finish them, it was off by about an inch and a half horizontally. It wasn't a huge job so it didn't hurt. I shut the cutter off, restarted SCALP and it worked when I did the second run. 

I am new to vinyl cutting so I don't know all the ins and outs of it but it would be nice to get some more information on the Titan 2 (what experienced users think). I kind of took a leap of faith when I bought it since there isn't alot on here yet. 

best advice I think John and I would give would be get a copy of flexi starter and cut from that - use scalp or other program like corel, etc to design in but cut from flexistarter - solid program

• Like 1

I guess I'll hunt down a copy of flexi. Thanks!

is that flexisign pro or is flexistarter different

flexi starter is about $135 . .  ..flexi pro I have seen from $2500-3500 so very different

• Like 1

best advice I think John and I would give would be get a copy of flexi starter and cut from that - use scalp or other program like corel, etc to design in but cut from flexistarter - solid program

None of these sign programs are my cup of tea. I have been raised in the Adobe world so I always design there and just import into the sign software. Ill give flexistarter a try though I do hear a lot of good things. 

None of these sign programs are my cup of tea. I have been raised in the Adobe world so I always design there and just import into the sign software. Ill give flexistarter a try though I do hear a lot of good things. 

then design your stuff in illustrator as a vector drawing and using the titan cut directly from there or use flexistarterer just to cut from.  biggest problem new people have is getting their head wrapped around vector drawings after being used to doing raster like in photoshop - two totally different critters

• Like 1

Sounds like static not a SCALP issue - My SC did the same thing until I installed a static wire.

I've been using mine for about 2 months now and LOVE IT!!!!

I'm still using SBE for design and cutting with no issues.

I just do part time cutting on the weekends and I have already paid this machine off, and the time and labor it has saved me is fantastic!!!!!

I love the fact that I can cut right from my laptop through USB - no need for a seperate computer with a serial conncetor.

My poor old Laser Point has not been turned on since I got this thing.

Did I mention that I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!! ;D

• Like 4

If you are adobe trained then you're set my man. The cutting part is fairly simple and there are a lot of options. You might try out the week of free demo from SignCut Pro. I use it and design in Illustrator and it's a great combination and has illustrator plug-ins to cut right from the program and great live tech support. SignCut is real handy once you figure it out and has a great selection of weeding and tiling tools. Also has step-by-step cutting which can in certain circumstances greatly improve your ability to cut real long graphics with less tracking issues. I used to use the step by step a lot with my P-Cut and it saved my bacon more than once. 

Did I mention that it is about the only quality cutting program out there that is cross compatible windows or mac? That was one of the big factors for me.

• Like 3