jobl01

Cuts not aligning - cto630

I am using the Cto-630 machine with Signcut Pro and been having real problems with cuts not aligning, especially on inner parts of cuts, not really on the outer parts of a design.

I have the offset set to the best settings for corners and getting it pretty sharp results. For a experiment I set the offset to 0 and with the purple vinyl photo, the cut came out perfect, but maybe that is because it has no precise angles?

After checking the belts were tight and the blade was the correct amount out of the holder, I have found that the blade sits slightly loose in the bearings of the holder and has a bit of a wobble, could this be part of the problem. The blade holder parts of the machine could be tighter too I think.

Thanks in advance.

post-85766-0-79382500-1399466542_thumb.j

post-85766-0-86509600-1399466546_thumb.j

Not good.

I would venture to guess that the grit rollers aren't tight on their axles and the vinyl isn't properly advancing.

(the grit rollers are fixed in place with allen screws)

post-21408-0-40423900-1399467478_thumb.j

Just from looking at the cut I would almost guess that is a design issue. There shouldn't be nearly that much side by side cutting. The ends might not line up but they usually just leave a small gap at the corner. double check your file and be sure that there isn't something going on in there. It would help if you could upload your file and we can take a look to be sure it's not something like that. I'm not saying you don't still have some other issue but the inside of the those two cuts look wrong. 

I've checked the drawings over a few times, but I have attached the part that has the most mistakes when I try to cut...

I have used Illustrator and saved it as a Illustrator 8 file for compression but you can still check the lines.

Thanks for the replys

redi.ai

Ya the file looks fine. You might have an overcut setting too high or something. Does your version of signcut pro have a tangential emulation option? If so I would check into that too. There is no good reason that the cutter should be doing that. You might try getting with signcut tech support. THey are really good about getting you going. I have a feeling that you have something set-up wrong. I haven't had my P-Cut for about a year and I can't remember where I had mine set to on all the settings. SignCut Pro has had a upgrade since then too (I think) and possible things have changed since I was using it with my P-Cut. I still use it with my new cutter but the drivers are totally different between each model. 

Thanks Wildgoose, I've spoke to Signcut a bunch of times and they've been great but they seem to think it could be a loose blade which I told them about. I did try a few other cutting programs and goign to try Flexi this week. 

I will upgrade Signcut and see what happens from there.

If anyone has other suggestions I will try them!

If it's not a setting (which assumes that signcut has worked through all those with you) then it probably is something mechanical. Have you tried the pen tool to see if it draws it goofy like that on paper? 

This is with the pen. Assuming the offset would be 0

I tried with a lead in also and still the same thing is happening. Please notice the change when the design has been rotated!

post-85766-0-71244200-1399477094_thumb.j

post-85766-0-66120200-1399477098_thumb.j

post-85766-0-18121700-1399477102_thumb.j

post-85766-0-27439700-1399477105_thumb.j

Check the carriage (blade holder area) for cracks or breaks. I had a Laserpoint 1 do exactly that and it was cracked by the wheels it rides on allowing it to flex and not line up the cuts.  Also make sure the wheels are all the way on the track.

Is this an older P-Cut? Those parts look nothing like the one I had. I would say definitely should not be that loose and that has to play a part in the issue. 

I think overcut should be more like 0.078 rather than 0.50 

The first part you grabbed is the electromagnet that pulls the holder down and play is rarely an issue there. Actual blade holder blade appeared minimal. I'll post pics on the graphtec in a minute. Same area to check just different cutter.

I actually did a temp fix on the wobble the best I could and it kinda sorted it, but then when I tried a cut on some regular text it wasn't aligning again! 

When using an over cut less than maybe 0.1 the lines don't join, even if they line up. 

Wildgoose, I'm thankfull for your replys

Ended up taking pics of my LP2 because of better access. 089A018B-F1E2-43F7-8513-8F3179C7C6F6_zps

E929BA69-E0C7-4E86-A001-5AB793F19806_zps