Rip_frannie

Roland fj-600 problem

So I have a fj-600. I took the main station apart to clean the dampeners and the heads. I put it back together and tried to do a test print. Now no matter what. All I get is a temp too low message. I've tried unplugging it for a day or so. I also tried having the main power on and secondary off for a few hours. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it ?

Did you have the main power off when doing the maint? Never. Heard o's cleaning damper, they are a normal disposable item. How did you clean the heads?

I used the swabs with the cleaning solution. Moved it to the side and just dabbed around it. Yeah I had the main power off

My best guess is a head cable not on right or bad head. Either way make sure the main power is off before touching it the main board is about 2,000 when you can find one if you blow that. Otherwise head is about 850

Also the fj600 is one of the units listed as not able to convert to solvent ink so stay with the pigment, it will eat the heart out of it otherwise

lucky you didn't fry the head board - glad you got it figured out

I am not familiar with the pigment inks for that printer but am sure someone makes a bulk ink system for it

solventprinterconversion.com these guys are the bomb with these machines

• Like 1

solventprinterconversion.com these guys are the bomb with these machines
that is where I looked to find it wasn't able to be converted to solvent
  • Like 1

Thanks boys. Think I need a print head for sure. Just want to get everything else straight before I put that in.