alohacy

Monument building

We build monuments but I have no idea what "utilizing A Tian2" is.

Using a Titan2 to cut 30 mil or thicker sand blast mat. what machine do you use to cut your mask?

thanks ,Ill be less abreviated in the future.

no i meant we literally build monuments, we don't use HDU.

when we do cut sandmask I use a graphtec ce3000-60 mk2. with a 60 degree blade and lot of downforce.

• Like 1

no i meant we literally build monuments, we don't use HDU.

when we do cut sandmask I use a graphtec ce3000-60 mk2. with a 60 degree blade and lot of downforce.

you are producing shapes from very thick granite slabs and doing all the various edge profiling and polishing.

then you V cut (or other font detail) with a neumatic device and create lettering and art work on said stone.

Your crew then negotiates the obstacles (if any) at the cemetery by means of dollies, blocks, ramps, ropes , shims,

lead , grout etc.. and build a monument. I understand that some times 100 ton cranes are involved.

I am only trying to establish a common point of reference. I was moving granite for five years before they would

let me do anything else. I spent the next 2 years learning how to sandblast and then went to classes on how to engineer and size

a sand blasting set up for things as large as bridges,to remove the old concrete for studs and concrete cladding.

I remember the days, moving the 1200 pound double caps on dolly through the 300 yr old japanese cemetary and having to step it into

place with blocks with four guys to erect the urn house. in between monuments I did bread and butter countertop fabrication and installation

, hand profiling and polishing Bulnose back in the day before a small shop could afford or even justify the

type of equipment that was available at the time. the thing i regret is that i dont have quarry expierience and i hope you wont

hold it against me. I am 53 years old and over half my life has been in the service of stone.

Please excuse me if I have wasted your time, but I dont just walk around saying I am a monument builder and not know what im talking about.

For years I just sub out the the HDU when i wasnt doing graphite paper transfer and hand cutting. so i bought a Titan2 for fun.

the main thing That caught my attention was the 750gms down force which is more than adequate to manage the 129y dbl liner i am using.

sorry for the resume but i think you werent sure where im coming from.

Aloha

cy

• Like 2

alohacy, yea i misunderstood that, thought you were talking about the predone hdu monuments.  we do some granite work, but it's mostly subbed out thru a friend of ours.

as far as the actual blasting into stone I'm definitely not the one to talk to! :)

we do very little blasting, it sounds like you do some really nice granite and stone work however, would love to see some of your stuff!