altereddezignz

small cut or mark when at the stat of a job

As soon as i hit sent the pen or the blade will drop and make a small cut about an 1/8 inch long . Just a straight line. I ahve attached a pic of it next to the bottom of the H with a marker so you can see it.

Using flexi pro  8.6 v2

post-86074-0-78948700-1397693471_thumb.j

My guess is some stray nodes. Check the design in wireframe mode to see if something is actually there.

sounds like a good time to call sai tech support - if it is doing it with both machines and from flexi that points to their problems and that is why they get the big money - to figure these things out

Turns out that the SAI guys will not help me b.c i am not considered a current user. To be a current user you must have 10.5 or newer. Since i do not have that i must pay for any type of tech support via phone or email. What BS!!!!!

seems like it wasn't that long ago ( like a couple of weeks back) they helped someone with 8.5 . . .. hmmm

you it registered with them?

I made a post some months ago about this same thing and contacted sai about it. No answer could be given. SC Cutter with flexistarter 10

• Like 1

The new graphtec does the same thing but somewhere in the set up it ask if you want it made inside or outside the job

The plotter does it to set the blade to start the cut... Now I don't know for sure what software is asking for this info

I just set it to outside and have had no problems

MM64

Yeah the plotter doesn't know the difference blade or pen
my graphtec has a pen setting but when I watch it work it goes through the same thing as in the blade mode

MM64 B)

Yeah there is no option here. It ruins a picture. I set up with multiple inks so that i can do large 11x17 designs in different colors for freinds and then there is this stupid mark at the bottom. When it changes colors it does not do it?

My Mimaki does it too. When it cuts it finds the registration marks, moves outside the area, and marks it with the blade. I don't know about your's though.

I stopped using flexi with my SC and went back to SCALP to cut with. Flexi sends the packet differently the SCALP as well and overloads the memory in the SC. I can send highly detailed cuts through SCALP with no issues that freeze up the cutter if sent through flexi. Another LONG thread about it and using others flexi setting to try to combat it with no progress. Just not "compatible" with the SC in my opinion for much detail. I design in CorelDraw and use the patch to send from CorelDraw right into SCALP.

• Like 1

Well i use flexi for a lot of pen plot filling and such. I have done very detailed work VERY detailed work on flexi but the only thing to ever bug me is that fact of the small cut. I guess it aligns the blade in the correct direction to start cutting but it puts a nasty mark on anything i pen plot fill with..... UGH...

So for some reason The guys at sai called me back about flexi. They do not support 8.6 or 10 on the phone only email. He also stated that there was no way or reason for the software to cut a small line at the start of a job?:huh:?? UMMMM yes there is b/c it does. It has happened on both my plotters. So here is my question.

Is there anyone out there using flexisign pro v 8.6 . I would like to look at setting and things like that to compare. I even had another plotter with flexi 8.5 starter and it did the same thing so i am really confused.....