altereddezignz

small cut or mark when at the stat of a job

So for some reason The guys at sai called me back about flexi. They do not support 8.6 or 10 on the phone only email. He also stated that there was no way or reason for the software to cut a small line at the start of a job? :huh:?? UMMMM yes there is b/c it does. It has happened on both my plotters. So here is my question.

Is there anyone out there using flexisign pro v 8.6 . I would like to look at setting and things like that to compare. I even had another plotter with flexi 8.5 starter and it did the same thing so i am really confused.....

I have ran Flexistarter 8.5 with my cutters,  And am currently running Flexistarter 8.6, but i have never had that problem 

I have ran Flexistarter 8.5 with my cutters,  And am currently running Flexistarter 8.6, but i have never had that problem 

Really? What plotter are you running and are you using serial or usb connection?

I run a Graphtec  FC7000     USB

In default job properties  I have packet size 1000kb,,,  curve quality medium  

• Like 1

Same here.i also set up in the property manager and in my computers device manager the properties for hardware to match also?.. I have uninstalled, re installed and so on. I even had the issue years ago when i had flexistarter 8.5 so i am at a loss.

I run a Graphtec  FC7000     USB

In default job properties  I have packet size 1000kb,,,  curve quality medium  

What about on your cutting tools properties? like is it set to pen, or knife or none? I have no idea why it does this. Its about aggravating. I do ahve a dumb question but do you have team viewer? have ya log into my computer  or vice versa and compare the notes or maybe facebook chat while going through them sometime. There has to be something set up by default that is making this happen.

where is this?  cutting tools properties     Got a screen shot?.    You will have to get tech support to log into your computer... 

They will not support it other than in email. Called them 3 times. They do not even remote or phone support version 10 now either. I asked about the remote log in and he simply said im sorry but product support for version 8.6 is available by email only.

Production Manager

Right click on your plotter and go to default job properties.

click on the cutter icon on the top left of screen.

cutter options at the bottom of the page.

This is my computer at work and i only installed it so i could look while at work. Pay no attention to the setting that are listed b/c mine at home are not the same.

post-86074-0-48213200-1398105054_thumb.j

I thought you said you had your packet size at 1000kb.....  It is showing 8kb in your photo...  Did you change it back? 

This is my computer at work and i only installed it so i could look while at work. Pay no attention to the setting that are listed b/c mine at home are not the same.

This is not the computer i cut on. I am at work i only installed the program for these reason to look at setting and study while at work to figure out the issue.

This is not the computer i cut on. I am at work i only installed the program for these reason to look at setting and study while at work to figure out the issue.

ok,   I just noticed it...

Ok so i get home and i think ok i am going to download and install the drivers one more time from us cutter for flexi and now boom problem has gone away. Been playing with random cuts or plots this afternoon and all is good. Marks are gone.

Ok so i get home and i think ok i am going to download and install the drivers one more time from us cutter for flexi and now boom problem has gone away. Been playing with random cuts or plots this afternoon and all is good. Marks are gone.

GREAT!!!!!!    I hope it stays away for you...

Gremlins took a nap. Lets hope they stay asleep.

Well they woke back up and now I know why. When I activate the knife blade offset it starts. I think it has to do with the software making a small cut to pre align the blade for the first cut. This cut is never inside of my design it is always exactly where the origin is marked. When using my plotter for plot fill you can't ever tell that you have blade offset set o not so now when I am using the pen I just select pen as my tool and it is pretty programmed with the knife offset off. When I use the blade I just select knife. This has bitterly drove me crazy. Haha

In the Graphtec manual it's called "initiating the blade". It sets the blade in the correct direction.