Sign in to follow this  
sabrina99

Shout out to Ross from Clean Cut Blade!

Hi Everyone!

I have not been active on this board for quite a long time due to my husband and I moving, getting my space set up and back into the swing of things.  A lot of what I do is glass etching and sometimes is really small text or graphic.  I did some research on here and saw a lot of people talking about http://www.cleancutblade.com/ so I figured I would try them out.  I called and talked to Ross who was awesome and gave me all kinds of tips and told me to call him with any questions as I would now be changing my overcut, offset and pressure settings.  I was so impressed with the customer service he provided.  I ordered 2 Roland ZECU 60* blades.  I got them really fast (I have had them a few weeks but have just now been able to try them out).  I am sold!  I cannot believe

that not one piece of vinyl lifted.  I cut all text at .518 tall using monotype corsiva, Oracal 641 and a PCUT 630.  Even the dot on the eye stayed in place.  I haven't ever had that happen!  Thanks to everyone who was recommending them. 

• Like 4

Hi Everyone!

I have not been active on this board for quite a long time due to my husband and I moving, getting my space set up and back into the swing of things.  A lot of what I do is glass etching and sometimes is really small text or graphic.  I did some research on here and saw a lot of people talking about http://www.cleancutblade.com/ so I figured I would try them out.  I called and talked to Ross who was awesome and gave me all kinds of tips and told me to call him with any questions as I would now be changing my overcut, offset and pressure settings.  I was so impressed with the customer service he provided.  I ordered 2 Roland ZECU 60* blades.  I got them really fast (I have had them a few weeks but have just now been able to try them out).  I am sold!  I cannot believe

that not one piece of vinyl lifted.  I cut all text at .518 tall using monotype corsiva, Oracal 641 and a PCUT 630.  Even the dot on the eye stayed in place.  I haven't ever had that happen!  Thanks to everyone who was recommending them. 

Like I keep saying - no matter how much you spend on your cutter, it's just a series of motors, gears and rollers that move the vinyl & blade holder around - it's the BLADE that does the real cutting, and so many people cheap out and say "Oh, I'll buy the generic $5 imports from China rather than spend FIFTEEN WHOLE AMERICAN DOLLARS on a single blade (that will probably last longer than 3 $5 blades)"...   :rolleyes:

And they're made right here in the great state of Iowa, so all the more reason for me to spend my money with Ross than some wholesale importer out of Hong Kong...

• Like 4

Sabrina, what machine do you have?

Cal

Hi Everyone!

Sabrina, what machine do you have?

Cal

I am going to give them a try on my Summa. Just ordered a 60deg. The Summa factory 60* is massive and great for thick nasty material but too heavy for the tiny stuff and has a 0.90 offset but CleanCut has a 60 that will fit the same holder as my stock 36* blade so I am thinking maybe it will work good. I have been using the stock blade since June last year and while it is till chugging away I can tell it's starting to get dull. I actually have a second one that came with it but I will keep that around for back-up. The CleanCut are about $10 cheaper than the factory Summa blades so it will be interesting to test this out.  :rolleyes:

:(

Cal

just showing in her original thread it said p-cut 630 - you asked I pointed it out - sorry

• Like 1