First,let me make it clear that I paid for the machine. It was not given to me. Also, I do not have a Graphtec so I can't compare it to a graphtec,other than price.

I have been cutting with it for over a week now, using Flexi. It is whisper quiet, cuts everything from large to small and even TINY lettering with no problems at all. Clean and precise cuts every time. I haven't wasted an inch of vinyl even with 12 foot cuts because it tracks straight and true. Bear in mind folks..you have to get it LOADED STRAIGHT in order for it to track straight and it does take a  bit of practice.

The  28" servo motor version that I bought came with a stand that is better and more solidly built than any cutter stand I have ever owned. The catch basket is good too but due to space limitations I am not using it at the moment.

Considering the cost of this machine compared to the Graphtec with the SAME specs,and options, I think it's a great deal..whether as a starter machine or a full time cutter for a sign shop. There is NOTHING about this machine that isn't professional grade.

IT came with Sure Cuts a Lot PRO which is a decent design and cut software for someone who has never used Flexi or Sign Blazer. IT will do what you need. If you are used to designing in other programs, it is easy enough to save and import into SCALP for cutting.

USB connection is a breeze..no special drivers or hardware needed because it is TRUE USB and not emulated. Don't bother with a keyspan adapter..you won't need it. I am connected via 21 feet of USB cable with no issues.

This might not be quite as  good as a graphtec, but stands on it own. If all you have ever had is Chinese cutters with Stepper motors, you will be amazed.

With a full 2 YEAR warranty, You really can't go wrong. I love this machine and haven't had my other cutter on since I got it.

In spite of it being called a 28" cutter, the maximum cutting width is 24" IT uses standard Roland Blades.

• Like 7

Great review,  does the Titan cutter work with the Sure Cuts A Lot?  If so, under what cutter?

The latest version of SCALP lists the TITAN series.

I noticed that I said it might be a tiny bit better than a graphtec. That was not what I meant to say. I meant that the Graphtec might be a bit better than the Titan.

It fires up easily in scalp but like john I love flexi and use that with my titan2

Watch for sales....USC ran $100 off a few weeks back. I also forgot to mention that for $79 you can add a 3rd year to the warranty.

Somehow I don't think too many people will need the warranty. It is nice to see a new machine that is well built and great electronics . . . This is no relation to the other Chinese cutters I have used, not just for the servo motor but overall we'll done

• Like 1

Been thinking about a 15" cutter dedicated to htv and at 1/2 the price of the 15" Graphtec it'll definitely garner consideration.

Been thinking about a 15" cutter dedicated to htv and at 1/2 the price of the 15" Graphtec it'll definitely garner consideration.

Why not a Silouette Jay?

Momma always said I was different. The only issue that I didn't realize is that the 15" only comes in stepper motor but after bugging everybody I could that has used 1 they said it is a very capable machine and only slightly less precise than the servo model. Remember if I don't buy one I won't know what makes it tick when somebody is having problems with their machine. (Donation being accepted to fund this endeavor :) )

• Like 2

Momma always said I was different. The only issue that I didn't realize is that the 15" only comes in stepper motor but after bugging everybody I could that has used 1 they said it is a very capable machine and only slightly less precise than the servo model. Remember if I don't buy one I won't know what makes it tick when somebody is having problems with their machine. (Donation being accepted to fund this endeavor :) )

I would guesd that all the original cutters were stepper motors and in the begining all the cutters were high end. Even the garage door openers i sell now are digital dc servo motors they are much smoother and quiter and with dc a battery back can be added for power failures.

so there is a way to fund this madness with donations?  dang why didn't I think of that

The donations is like when I sent flyers to all the churches and got letters back asking for donations to them. Every time I put my hand ouot somebody reaches in my back pocket and empties my wallet.

• Like 4

I am cutting thick material,up to 49mil dbl liner for monuments.

I am getting to know this machine ,so i stay with for worries of getting caught/binding etc...

what safe gaurds the carriage and electronics in this situation when i get over confident and leave the room?

Titan2 28" 49mil 500gms 450mm/s(speed)

thanks

Mine arrived today..sittin at the house ..waiting on daddy to get home///

I didn't want to go to bed the night mine came I was having so much fun

• Like 1

I remember my excitement when I was going to get my graphtec.  F$@# FEDEX delivered everything BUT the graphtec on Saturday.
I was so pissed I had to wait till Monday to get the main part.